if I was gone tomorrow would you be there again

If I was'nt here would you be there tomorrow?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839

It's never to late to start lurking, I was a heavy poster but decided I had made one too many so tried going cold turkey, came out of the wood work to say whatever you do just keep making your lovely brushes, my photoshopping friends love them, I have yet to learn postwork but ran the ones I got through Abrmate to use in Carrara 3D paint.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited October 2015

Am a huge fan of you and your brushes:  have 2 pages worth in my Product Library wink  Just wanted you to know that smiley

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

I'd find you...a big fan:)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705

I love your brushes so please stay.

• I do have a lot of your brushes. Just got CS6 so I will be using them more.

I do have others brushes but yours are better.

Would love some tutorials to make more of them. Please!!!!!!!

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

I'm late to the party, for years didn't realize gimp could use photoshop brushes.  In fact, I only just bought some of your stuff this last week.  Looks nice.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Hi Ron, I hope all is OK with you. I've got the majority of your brushes, and when the products I own are listed in alphabetical order the part of the list that begins 'Ron's... ' seems to go on for miles.

I've a feeling I've said this before recently, but (living in hope!) I'll say it again - I think you ought to try selling postwork tutorials here, in much the same way that Dreamlight sells lighting tutorials. With your talent and reputation, I reckon they would sell really well. I'd definitely buy, anyway. Whatever your next venture turns out to be, good luck with it.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

dclane said:

I've a feeling I've said this before recently, but (living in hope!) I'll say it again - I think you ought to try selling postwork tutorials here, in much the same way that Dreamlight sells lighting tutorials. With your talent and reputation, I reckon they would sell really well. I'd definitely buy, anyway. Whatever your next venture turns out to be, good luck with it.

The newest set, Ron's Text Effects, comes with two videos.  If that's Ron doing the voice-over, he's got a KILLER tutorial voice, no problematic accent, good enunciation, and a clear passion for the subject.  They were very clear, just the right level of 'teaching' versus 'casual', good quality screencasts and interesting effects.

I agree, I'd love to see more bite-sized tutorials on postwork, and especially creative (or pedestrian, but eye-opening!) uses of Ron's own brushes.

--  Morgan

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I have almost everything you make. You're extremely talented and know exactly what artists need. Thanks for all you make and for supporting the buyers. 

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

And since getting the powder effect set, I've realised it's utterly perfect if anyone wants to depicts particles of blood, dirt, oil or anything else, dispersing in water.

Seriously. Just one or two brushes in crimson or black in an existing aquatic environment... Bam. Instant aftermath of a feeding frenzy or a boating accident. Absolutely perfect.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,692

I own 54 of your 93 products. Please keep doing what you do. You are SOOO valued and appreciated.

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

I agree CypherFOX and dclane would love to see a Ron's Ps Tips and Tricks Tutorial.  
    When I started with Photoshop many years ago I didn't have a clue what I was doing but Ron's creatives and tips in his early brush sets showed the basics and helped me learn the amazing potential of ps, I'm sure new users would find them inspiring and learn just how powerful and easy photoshop is when you have a great teacher.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,346
    edited October 2015

I'm also a big fan.  I've bought a long list of your brushes here and they're totally useful and the variety and diversification gives plenty of options for visual possibilities.  A tutorial and tips series from a master such as yourself would probably be welcomes in the community and sell really well.  I just picked up War Essentials,  and am currently eyeing the powder effects set that Xeno mentioned.  And yah,  as Shanina said,  we'd go find you!

edit-fixed spelling

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Glad I found this now I have to track down the brushes as I use photoshop a lot and am always looking for good brushes.  And I would most certainly like some postwork tutorials

• Love your products. To echo others, would love to see you produce some postwork tutorials!

• gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 1,010
    edited October 2015

One would most certainly hope so...although, I could just be a prop in your life. It would explain some things... cheeky
    Seriously, tho...yeah. I would...

Post edited by gypsyangel on
  • Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited October 2015

Thanks for the great sale on your antique stuff!  :-)  Love your vintage pack, and looking forward to trying the glass overlays.  I hope you keep creating cool products.

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • I too am a big fan of your brushes. I own several of your sets and use them in almost every project.

• Ron,

I love your brushes- I hope you are not planning on leaving.

I agree with the above that you could definately sell tutorials here. I'd buy them!!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Are you free as a bird?

cheeky

Bit of Lynyrd Skynyrd there..... wink

I'm pretty sure I'd be throwing money at the store if Deviney decided to start making postwork tutorials. 

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

Hey Ron

I have been where you are, it might be crappy sales or negitive feed back but the fact is you are a real asset to the store and the community.

It goes without saing i'm a big fan and avid user of your brushes and learned a bunch watching your video on the type brushes. So what ever it is that is weighing you down right now I hope it passes and things turn around. I would miss you and your always "Must Have" products. Always here if you need a pep talk.

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Have to address the Gorilla in the room.

For years have been a customer of yours and have purchased many items.

Also for years have seen your work distributed elsewhere (no mention) without any financial renumeration

to you.

I would image that it is disconcerting to work for a long time on a product, know it is excellent, debut it

and have people steal it.

You may take heart in the fact that your are popular products to steal

You must also know, as this  thread illustrates, you have many fans who appreciate your work.

Cannot get inside your head at this point, do not know any of your circumstances, but know this the lack

of work from you would leave a large void.

Thank you for years of quality items

• You're clogging up my Wishlist with all your brush packages, deviney.  If you do decide to take a hiatus, p-l-e-a-s-e leave your existing DAZ product page up and running... at least until I can come up with lots and lots of moneywink