Is Genesis 2 female compatible with Poser 10?

I 'm trying to use G2F in poser , but Poser 10 slows terribly , especially when active physics bullet . I wonder if G2F is 100% compatible with poser 10 because everything you try to do goes wrong . The display is very slow, psyquics bullet gets stuck . Also when using the designer walk gives me a wrong animation result , even though I created the chains properly. Some ideas?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053

No, it's not 100% compatible. Poser doesn't support the technology needed to use Genesis figures. The DSON Importer plugin does provide the main functions needed, but it basically "translates" G2F to something that Poser can understand on the fly, and that means it uses a lots of ressources and will be slower than using a native Poser figure.

• IsazformsIsazforms Posts: 210
    Leana said:

No, it's not 100% compatible. Poser doesn't support the technology needed to use Genesis figures. The DSON Importer plugin does provide the main functions needed, but it basically "translates" G2F to something that Poser can understand on the fly, and that means it uses a lots of ressources and will be slower than using a native Poser figure.

Thanks for the reply. One more question. So if it is not compatible , I assume it will not work better in pro poser 2014. I try to avoid making an unnecessary expense , as if incompatibility, I expect the same result: it doesnt work.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

I use PoserPro 2014 and in my experience, sometimes DSON importer gives good results, other times it's a right bloody pain to work with. All depends on your scene and setup; however I have had better luck using the Genesis 2 figures than original Genesis, which is too slow to be believed in Poser. So if that's the only reason you're thinking of upgrading, hang onto your money. Poser 11 is coming next with many improvements. I am hoping some of them will involve better Genesis/DSON compatibility, be it via the importer or otherwise. Not holding my breath, however, just trying to be optimistic in the face of ever depressing reality when it comes to getting new Daz prettys to play nicely in my preferred software. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but that's the way things appear to be at the moment. :-(

Byrdie said:

I use PoserPro 2014 and in my experience, sometimes DSON importer gives good results, other times it's a right bloody pain to work with. All depends on your scene and setup; however I have had better luck using the Genesis 2 figures than original Genesis, which is too slow to be believed in Poser. So if that's the only reason you're thinking of upgrading, hang onto your money. Poser 11 is coming next with many improvements. I am hoping some of them will involve better Genesis/DSON compatibility, be it via the importer or otherwise. Not holding my breath, however, just trying to be optimistic in the face of ever depressing reality when it comes to getting new Daz prettys to play nicely in my preferred software. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but that's the way things appear to be at the moment. :-(

Thank you for sharing your experience with Poser Pro. It is unfortunate that not 100% compatible .sad

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053
    Isazforms said:

So if it is not compatible , I assume it will not work better in pro poser 2014.

PP2014 is a 64 bits application so it can use more RAM than P10, which would probably help, but there's no guarantee it will work perfectly.

As Byrdie said, P11 is on its way and might include some improvements.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited October 2015

But ... In my Poser Pro 2014 G2 seems much heavier to load (via Dson) than G1, unless I am much mistaken.

my machine has 32GB of memory ram

Post edited by jorge dorlando on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Well, part of the loading time is morphs - if you have more morphs for G2 than for G1 ...

Yes, it is a compatibility issue. Sometimes software malfunctions and also about only compatibility issues. I was so used to it being a problem of hardware capabilities, but since I stumbled upon hexagon, I understood the importance of compatibility.