Forty percent off

http://www.daz3d.com/deviney

Get'em while on sale, thank you every one

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited October 2015

I like your brushes and have most of them. Good luck with your sale. :)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Agreed, I have four of them I think.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579

Your brushes and overlays are always so original and well made.

They are pieces of art all by themselves.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited October 2015

I wasn't able to use brushes before now, because I hadn't a clue how to install them on Photoshop Elements 9. I just recently figured out how to do so (seems it's more about 'loading' than installing through the DIM, which I had not realised) and bought one of your products as an experiment, on the last day of the sale.

Very pleased! Now I know how simple it actually is to load up brushes and how to use textures, I'll be looking forward to any new stuff you release!

It's taken me 15 years, but I can finally get into that side of Photoshop - better late than never! :D

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

...and into my cart they jumped...I've almost all your brushes now and use them all the time, just picked up Ripped Fabric, Space, Trees, Smoke, Wires and Cyborg Parts..love them all and the PSD's are fantastic  ...so a big thank you for your brilliant work:)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705

I got a bunch but there is still a bunch to get

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

I got a bunch but there is still a bunch to get

This, so much this!  yes

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2015

Some of Ron's brushes are currently in Fast Grab.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    Chohole said:

Excellent! Time to get even more!

I'm now positively addicted to the magic brushes can attain. :D

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705
    Chohole said:

Runs to fast grab

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

I have all but eight brush/etc. sets, six if you ignore bundles, five if you also ignore Carrera. :)

I do have a question, though...  What's the relationship between War Elements (no longer available in the store) and War Essentials?  I have War Elements (I originally thought I hadn't, but apparently I'd managed to get it), and there are some pieces that are the same with War Essentials, but I don't know if Essentials is a strict superset, or if there's just some overlap, or...what?

I used parts of War Elements in a recent piece, for muzzle flashes and debris, and it was really nice.

--  Morgan

• SamutSamut Posts: 50

Can these brushes be installed into GIMP somehow? I don't have a recent enough version of Photoshop.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

If Gimp uses .abr then they should be able to be used, but not the styles or tool settings that are included in some of them.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    Samut said:

Can these brushes be installed into GIMP somehow? I don't have a recent enough version of Photoshop.

Unzip your product into a temporary folder, and in Windows navigate all the way down to the bottom of the folder structure until you find the .abr files.  Move these to some folder where you want them, repeat for all your products, then to get gimp to see that folder, in Gimp:

Edit > Preferences > Folders >  Brushes: Click on the left white paper icon, then click on the far right folder icon and browse to "C:\WhereverYouPutThoseBrushes" and click on ok. 

I've only just installed a bunch of these, but spot checks worked fine.  There was at least one product that had something other than a .abr file (in addition to the .abr files) that gimp couldn't use (can't remember what it was, I just deleted it since I didn't need it anyway), so I guess research the product a bit or ask questions.

I've also heard, but have not yet tried or verified, that gimp starts up slower (since it's loading all those brushes on startup) so some people keep their brushes in a separate folder and just copy in whichever ones they need at the time to speed up gimp startup.

screenshot, gimp.png
    909 x 825 - 205K
  • SamutSamut Posts: 50
    edited October 2015

I'll try that out. Thank you!

EDIT: That worked perfectly! Thanks!

Post edited by Samut on