Opulent Bathing Vignette can't be found after installation in DS

I think Opulent Bathing Vignette has a problem and doesn't install right. After installation (I tried twice) not all files that are in the File List seem to be there. It also can't be found in my Smart Content or Content Library, though I did find the majority (but not all of files) on my drive.

Is there anything I am missing or had this prduct just not been set-up right?

I wanted to share a screenshot of DIM with the Installed Files list with blue and blacked-out links to the files, but I still can't attach images.

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,502

.can you load it manually using the content library tab?

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 828

FirstBastion said:

Unfortunatly I can't, there are no files or even a related directory in the Enviroments folder where DIM says the files should be (they are blacked out in DIM). The Data and Runtime files do seem to be installed in their corresponding directories though.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

BlueFingers said:

FirstBastion said:

Unfortunatly I can't, there are no files or even a related directory in the Enviroments folder where DIM says the files should be (they are blacked out in DIM). The Data and Runtime files do seem to be installed in their corresponding directories though.

Have you opened a ticket? 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,801

I just opened DIM and found the Environments/Opulent Bathing Vignette/... files are black and in italics which indicates to me they are bad and not installed correctly by DIM. It looks like a ticket is needed. I had not looked yesterday and @BlueFingers, thank you for highlighting this.

This is the second file I have seen with a major group like this.

Mary

Finished submitting a ticket to Sales Support, # 439349, since previous tickets to Tech Support have not been acknowledged except by the computer response.

Mary

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,832
    edited June 2023

memcneil70 said:

I just opened DIM and found the Environments/Opulent Bathing Vignette/... files are black and in italics which indicates to me they are bad and not installed correctly by DIM. It looks like a ticket is needed. I had not looked yesterday and @BlueFingers, thank you for highlighting this.

Mary

Wait ... the files as installed shouldn't be in /Environments/Opulent Bathing Vignette -- they should be in /Environments/Daz Originals/Opulent Bathing Vignette which is where they are when I downloaded the zip file. It works just fine from the Content Library on my install.

If you haven't moved them around, and Studio still thinks they're in the directory you listed, then there's likely something wrong with the manifest, but that shouldn't affect the Content Library listing. It'll confuse Smart Content and the Products and Categories, though.

EDIT: Looking at the file list on the readme, it's flat out wrong, since it does list the path you showed. The PAs have said that there's a new directive that vanity directories MUST be used, so it may have been submitted without one, or with a different one before it became a Daz+ product, then got moved during testing/packing. If the manifest was made before the files were moved, then DIM isn't handling the files properly. DIM thinks files are missing that probably aren't because the manifest file list is lying to it. Ticket still needed to be filed, of course -- they need to fix that -- but the files should be present, just not where DIM thought they were.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,284

vwrangler said:

memcneil70 said:

Mary

Wait ... the files as installed shouldn't be in /Environments/Opulent Bathing Vignette -- they should be in /Environments/Daz Originals/Opulent Bathing Vignette which is where they are when I downloaded the zip file. It works just fine from the Content Library on my install.

If you haven't moved them around, and Studio still thinks they're in the directory you listed, then there's likely something wrong with the manifest, but that shouldn't affect the Content Library listing. It'll confuse Smart Content and the Products and Categories, though.

That's exactly what's wrong. The manifest is directing DIM to a different folder, so, of course, it can't find the files. 

If you manually download the zip,  and manually install the files, does the scene work using the content library? 

I was going to work on this and found a DIM update instead. Will try to see, but I am working around severe thunderstorms this week.

edited June 2023

Well, I first uninstalled on my Win10 laptop the DIM installation. Then I did a manual download and I manually added the files into the appropriate areas as I would if I had purchased the product from Rendo. The environments showed up, but when I tried to load a scene, I got a warning it couldn't find the textures. Additionally, there was no metadata for any files.

I am no way an expert, but I would think this is an issue caused by Daz, and needs to be fixed by them and released to everyone who purchased the product. It is a gorgeous set and deserves the best Daz can do for it.

Mary

Add note: I allow DIM to download and install files as it will does. The most I do is add metadata for old files, add additional metadata for my sub-categories, but file structure where it is downloaded I leave alone totally. And until I had seen this thread I hadn't had a chance to look at this product this morning. Those thunderstorms have been wicked around Denver and I didn't want a computer to fry.

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,501
    edited June 2023

I purchased this as well. After reading the post here I installed it using DIM. As stated, it is not in Smart Content. or Content Library, at least where DIM states it was installed. I downloaded the zip and tried to manually add, but that got hosed up as well. It wouldn;t even copy/paste correctly into the directory. 

Post edited by daveso on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,623
    edited June 2023

I have the installation file I downloaded on Wednesday at 3AM Daztime

The Manifest refers to the original locations and the only change I see, is Daz adding "Daz Originals" after "Environments".
    Should not prevent one from using the set from the Content Library -> Daz Studio Formats -> [Your Content Library] -> Environments -> Daz Originals -> Opulent Bathing Vignette

Edit: Corrected the path

Post edited by PerttiA on

PerttiA said:

The Manifest refers to the original locations and the only change I see, is Daz adding "Daz Originals" after "Environments".
    Should not prevent one from using the set from the Content Library -> Daz Studio Formats -> Environments -> Daz Originals -> Opulent Bathing Vignette

it dies noit ven show up in content library for me ... I only have 1 product listed under DAZ Originals and its not this one. I tried installing manually and that did not help.  

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,623

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

Should not prevent one from using the set from the Content Library -> Daz Studio Formats -> Environments -> Daz Originals -> Opulent Bathing Vignette

it dies noit ven show up in content library for me ... I only have 1 product listed under DAZ Originals and its not this one. I tried installing manually and that did not help.  

Just installed it (manually) and it works just fine.

The Daz Studio Formats -> [Your Content Library] is showing everything you have installed in your Content Library as it can be seen in Windows Explorer, no matter if the metadata or manifests are wrong  

Theres a few daz gallery images of it in the gallery,  so some people are getting it to work. 

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#gallery=trending&page=1&image=1296955

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 666
    edited June 2023

I downloaded it first through Daz dim and it showed as installed in dim, but could not be found either in the readme specified location or in smart content. I downloaded it manually and placed it where I place rendo downloads, just copy pasted to the main My DAZ 3D Library, the main daz library. It said oddly enough that : do you want to overwrite the like 62 or something files? so it was installed but nowhere to be found. I clicked yes, overwrite, and now I found it in the readme specified location at daz main library, but it was not in smart content. I then,  after this, updated the meta data, reimported or what ever it's called,  and I now see it smart content, not under all files, but under environments. I could earlier, before downloading manually, see it there, smart content - environment, but when I clicked on it it said no such files existed. After downloading manully it's there and it works. I have no idea if I have all files for it, or if some is missing. But I have 3 finished scenes to load I think it was, have not daz open so can't check, but I think it was 3, and some materials, nothing else. I will follow this to see if I possibly are missing some files. And if an update is made to make the daz dim download working, if so then I will download and install in daz dim. Hopefully that won't cause issues, since I downloaded manually also. I want to get possible updates in daz dim so I hope the daz dim install will work at some point.

I have made my first render with the bath, so it seams to be working as it should, but I have no idea if it's supposed to be more files included. It looks AMAZING, love i very much, I wanted to make a quick render so for once, I rarely do so, but for once I used the included lighs, and just added a few lights around the character. The lights looks too strong on her skin, but other than that it looks AMAZING, so hopefully it will be fixed in dim so I can get possible updates, as I will use this bath very much. There is water included but I used the morphing bath water and bubble bath product from the store, and it morphed ok to this bath, looks great! heartsmiley

The only downside to this bath, besides this download/install issue, is that when I add water the gorgeous light shining through the bath glass colors is less visible on the floor, almost gone, but the light shining in the bath tub, in the glass, looks amazing, I got almost a caustics effect, perhaps through the water and bubbles I used? no idea, but it looks great.

Post edited by tombraider4ever on

I just updated DIM and afterwards found Opulent Bathing Vignette had an update that corrected the issue with the Environment files. A quick check of the 'Installed Files' show them in color now.

And this was without an acknowledgement from DAZ of my report to them.

Mary

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 828

memcneil70 said:

I just updated DIM and afterwards found Opulent Bathing Vignette had an update that corrected the issue with the Environment files. A quick check of the 'Installed Files' show them in color now.

And this was without an acknowledgement from DAZ of my report to them.

Mary

Thanks for letting us know. It's a beautiful product I have to say, I'm glad it works now.

YES ... after the update it now works. Awesome