Limbstick still broken 5 months after update

cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757

I paid money for this product and love it, but the last update in Feb broke this product.

I logged a support ticket right away and have now for the third time sent a reminder to CS. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with DIM several times now.

What must customers do to get a broken paid-for product fixed?

2023-06-25 13:53:52.408 [INFO] :: Loading script: D:/DAZ3D/My Library/scripts/3d universe/limb stick/3du limbstick g3+8.dse2023-06-25 13:53:52.412 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzCustomizeDlg\dsaddonwidgets.cpp(1024): File: data/3D Universe/LimbStick/3duLSError.ui does not exist2023-06-25 13:53:52.413 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 5922023-06-25 13:53:52.413 [WARNING] :: TypeError: Result of expression 'wLogoWidget' [null] is not an object.2023-06-25 13:53:52.413 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:<anonymous>()@D:/DAZ3D/My Library/scripts/3d universe/limb stick/3du limbstick g3+8.dse:5922023-06-25 13:53:52.414 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: D:/DAZ3D/My Library/scripts/3d universe/limb stick/3du limbstick g3+8.dse

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Message me with your ticket number and I'll make an inquiry.

• How did you install, and is D:/DAZ3D/My Library/ a content directory?

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757

Cris sent you a PM.

Richard yes that is my DAZ library directory containing all my DAZ 3D products. I only install with DIM and I don't rename/move anything. 

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
    edited June 2023
    @cridgit Both versions of Limbstick have been broken for me for a long time, too. Out of interest, is the prob you're having the one where you can still use the script by executing it from it's physical location on your hard drive? Just in case you or any others read this and didn't know, you can make your Hand/Foot/Target selections in DS and then run the script from outside of DS and it works as intended. Not ideal, but at least it's useable in the meantime, assuming you don't have a different problem happening...
    Post edited by Phatmartino on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757

Phatmartino said:

@cridgit Both versions of Limbstick have been broken for me for a long time, too. Out of interest, is the prob you're having the one where you can still use the script by executing it from it's physical location on your hard drive? Just in case you or any others read this and didn't know, you can make your Hand/Foot/Target selections in DS and then run the script from outside of DS and it works as intended. Not ideal, but at least it's useable in the meantime, assuming you don't have a different problem happening...

That worked, thank you so much.

For others wondering how to do this: browse to file location then drag the Limbstick script into the DAZ viewport after making node selections. Just silly that we have to resort to workarounds like this but at least I can use the product again.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited June 2023

I am pretty sure that I have not had any updates for this product ... https://www.daz3d.com/limbstick-for-genesis-3-+-8

How would I know if it has been updated? I use DIM to install so I usually get product updates automatically.

Limbstick.jpg
    1727 x 207 - 33K
    Post edited by marble on
  • Just bought this on sale today and way i got around it was download limb stick manually and install manually.

1. Download "limb stick" from your product libary (dazwebsite - i used the manual file not the install manager file)
    2. In a custom directory Create a new sub folder for limbstick g8.
    3. Copy and pasta the zip file folders data, runtime and scripts into the folder. 
    4. Launch daz.
    5. Try limbstick from your newly created folder in the content libary - profit. 

Those are just my steps as doing it the normal way never worked no matter how many times i tried to install this program, gl. 

• Jay VersluisJay Versluis Posts: 245

Just FYI: Limb Stick is one of those few products that doesn't launch from via Smart Content.

If you right-click on the script and choose Show Asset in Mapped Folder, you'll see it open in the Content Library. Starting it from there will assure it runs fine.