Animal lovers: Koala [Commercial}

Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
edited October 2015 in Daz PA Commercial Products

"The funny and cute Koala and its baby, finely rigged for DAZ Studio and Poser, coming with 20 poses, 3 morphs, Look at my Hair fur presets to provide the most realistic renders.
For support you may contact me directly at [email protected]"

http://www.daz3d.com/koala-by-am

Note that even if Iray doesn't provide yet a native hair primitive, LAMH models can be used with Iray exporting fur strands to OBJ. I made a simple guide here:

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on

Comments

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715

As an Australian I can confirm that this is an adorable Koala. 

In the cart! <3 <3 <3 Love the Australian landscape themed products released with it too! 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

AM, where's the Drop Bear add on??? *grin*

The koala looks FANTASTIC - I was so excited as a proud aussie to see this, along with your other aussie products released today. 

Just don't get too close to the koala - he'll rip you to shreds if he's unhappy. LOL. 

• Beautifully done, AM!  Thank you!  heart

• Thanks folks! :)

No drop bear morph, but I must say quite some requested, so I'll consider doing it.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,315

Instant purchase!  They are both absolutely adorable.

Cheers,

Alex.

• and saw your working on a critter from my part of Australia too the Tasmanian Tiger are considering doing our Tasmanian Devil too? We have lots of interesting critters here Platapus, Echidna, Kookaburra, Possums, Emu, to name a few sure the other Aussies could list a lot of others others may be interested in interesting possible projects for you too

• Thanks Alex and AngelReaper. I do have a lot (and I mean a really a lot) of ongoing animal models. Between these I have indeed the tasmanian tiger, the devil and platypus, as well as the dingo.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,777
    edited October 2015

Lovely looking koala, and for Poser too you say? But the page doesn't mention anything but Daz Studio under compatible software and I only see a DSON Core Installer. Does it need a (missing) PCF to make it work or have they got the info wrong and the Poser installer is really in there too? 

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • Byrdie said:

Lovely looking koala, and for Poser too you say? But the page doesn't mention anything but Daz Studio under compatible software and I only see a DSON Core Installer. Does it need a (missing) PCF to make it work or have they got the info wrong and the Poser installer is really in there too? 

Hi Byrdie, Poser .cr2 figures are included but of course there is no fur available for them.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,777

Thanks. Wishlisted in that case until I can get Studio working for me again, cuz I wants fur on me koalas, mate. They'd be rather nekkid without it. surprise 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,804

OK.. I went walkabout the store and bought some stuff...

Hope the koala works in Carrara ;-)

if it doesn't I will throw my stick at you :-)

that's what we call a boomerang that doesn't come back.

edited October 2015

Gurumarra is on walkabout with gangurru in search of the burrimul (emu) but can't find one...

willie wagtail comes along with a message........................ while Kooelwong looks around from above

Rendered in Carrara 8.5 with some tweaks to fix textures

Gurumarra.jpg
    800 x 600 - 465K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Stezza said:

Gurumarra is on walkabout with gangurru in search of the burrimul (emu) but can't find one...

willie wagtail comes along with a message........................ while Kooelwong looks around from above

very nice render I'll have to see if this is in the gallery section so I can post on facebook 

• Thanks Alex and AngelReaper. I do have a lot (and I mean a really a lot) of ongoing animal models. Between these I have indeed the tasmanian tiger, the devil and platypus, as well as the dingo.

forgot about our dingo oh and your wolf is going to be a hit too daz should commission you to do some animals sets for them like daz horse 3, the dogs and cats too with breeds oh and birds maybe sealife-fishes? you do do some impressive animals

Stezza said:

very nice render I'll have to see if this is in the gallery section so I can post on facebook 

Thanks.. it's on my FB page ... link is under my banner cool

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

ooooooooo you've got the dingo in your workline also? FANTASTIC! that'll be an instant buy for me - it'll sustitute for your wolf till that comes along :) 

Thanks Alex and AngelReaper. I do have a lot (and I mean a really a lot) of ongoing animal models. Between these I have indeed the tasmanian tiger, the devil and platypus, as well as the dingo.

• Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

Thanks.. it's on my FB page ... link is under my banner cool

thanks for that like to share promote other artists on my page found your gallery here too got a lot of renders I like

• everybody wants to cuddle

cuddles in 3delight.jpg
    980 x 980 - 330K
  • thanks to your excellent tutorial video on converting lamh hair/fur to object so can do iray version using your products here is my iray version of cuddles, though I didn't have to use the iray uber shader

this tutorial was very helpful and yes I could understand you easily

cuddles in iray.jpg
    980 x 980 - 227K
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Did a test render in Reality 4.1 to see how it would come out...

The tutorial for Iray also worked for Reality, as far as importing the fur as an obj  goes yes  Will now tweak the settings to find the sweet spot wink

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850

This one is so cute, Couldn't resist to render him in a not so Koala-like pose ... the Dis-ko-ala

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705

I got this but want to render it, um, asap.

• RCTSpanky said:

This one is so cute, Couldn't resist to render him in a not so Koala-like pose ... the Dis-ko-ala

Funny and creative ahot, well done! :)

• nice renders 3dlux and spanky was hoping to see more koala renders not as many as thought be in the galleries

nice renders 3dlux and spanky was hoping to see more koala renders not as many as thought be in the galleries

I hope to post within the next half hour or so.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited October 2015

Well, here she is: Mistress Koala and her young lad. There's a larger version in my gallery.

Cheers,

Alex.

Temple Koalas 3 Small.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 457K
    Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Really like the koala and the Australian themed sets and people, so we get a total environment. I agree, would love to see more themed animals from Australia. Nice work on this! 

Another gratuitous scene of extreme cuteness courtesy of Alessandro and Stefan "Stonemason" Morrell.

Cheers,

Alex.

Temple Koalas 4 Small.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 437K

More gratuitous scenes of extreme cuteness as Mistress Koala takes her young lad out into the city of Sirenopolis.

Cheers,

Alex.

Temple Koalas 6 Small.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 393K

Last one, of the temple koalas. Mistress Koala's young lad getting rather too close to a skunk than is generally advisable.

Cheers,

Alex.

Temple Koalas 12 Small.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 457K