Sophos AntiVirus identifies DS4.5 64-bit Windows installer as malware

cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I can't install 4.5, since the Sophos AntiVirus software installed and controlled by corporate (and thus which I cannot disable) identifies the installer executable as a virus and quarantines it. I've tried downloading it twice now, with the same results. Anyone else had problems with anti-virus packages identifying the installer as malware?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, the CMS service can cause a false positive, as well as some of of the other code strings. It all has to do with DS wanting to connect for regestration and other features. You will need to be on another PC to download.

Once installed my system reads clean. They are false positives.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes there are several reports of other Anti virus programs throwing up false positives Norton is one of the worst.

Anti Virus apps seem to have gone into paranoid mode just lately and are tagging anything that they don't recognise as "Suspicious" Norton is doing it simply because the file is new and hasn't been downloaded enough times.

Be assured thay are indeed false positives.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Can't even do it from another machine as the AV software blocks the EXE when you try and run it. And again, since this is a corporate machine, I don't have the ability to tell it that this is a false positive and to allow it, and unfortunately IT's policy is that "there are no false positives". I did not have this problem with any of the DS4 64-bit installers.

edited December 1969

What I'm saying is you will need to be on a None Company machine. One you can disable the AV on for the download.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

That still won't work, since you copy it to a USB stick and put that in the real machine to install it and the first thing that happens is Sophos checks it and says its infected. And trying to install it to another machine and then manually copy all the files over is bound to miss something.

edited December 1969

Ah, I was not clear you were going to install it on the company machine. Sorry I was no help.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    That still won't work, since you copy it to a USB stick and put that in the real machine to install it and the first thing that happens is Sophos checks it and says its infected. And trying to install it to another machine and then manually copy all the files over is bound to miss something.

Make a "false positive" report to Sophos.

Kendall

• deloquenciadeloquencia Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Lol... that remembers me something...

A little bit offtopic:
    Once at work we had an incident with a guy who was using McAfee security suit and after introducing Sophos it was blocking McAfee (-:
    So Sophos is blocking a lot... talk to your admin.