Can't install DSON Importer for Poser Daz

HELP!!! 

I can't install the DSON Importer with DAZ Istall Manager. The Install Manager says it can't find the the installed path for Poser Pro 2014 ... 

I'm pointing it out in Explorer, my computer "speaks" Swedish so the path is; 
C:\Program\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014  but Install Manager automaticly changes it to C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014 and says it can't find my PP2014 !!!! 

This is driving me nuts!!! Help PLEASE!!!! 

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Could you post a screenshot of the "applications" tab open on the DIM settings?

What version of Poser are you using 32bit or 64bit? Windows puts these in different places.32bit programs go into c:\Program Files(x86)  64bit goes into c:\Program Files .

Did you install Poser to a custom folder called c:\Program ?

• edited October 2015

I'm attaching some pictures and hope that you'll understand what I mean. Poser installed itself both in 32 and 64 bits (maby I did something wrong) but I'm using the 64bit. 

It is when I try to install M4 and V4 (and every other stuff hthat must be in the "exedirectory") that the installation alters the path to the program from the Swedish to "program files" and the installation of M4 or V4 ends itself by "complaining" about not finding the program folder. 

Hope all four files showes

/Ankie

DIM01.JPG
    602 x 742 - 83K
    DIM02b.jpg
    597 x 739 - 160K
    DIM03b.jpg
    622 x 694 - 164K
    DIM04.JPG
    935 x 686 - 89K
    Post edited by ankielinder_2d0e792400 on
  • edited October 2015

Posting to missing images  ..... Hm, didn't have to :-/  

Post edited by ankielinder_2d0e792400 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The settings tab you show is the Installation tab -- the 64-bit software entry should read "C:\Program" (without the quotes) and the 32-bit should read "C:\Program (x86)".  On the tab to its right, the Applications tab, that's where you need to add the path to Poser so that the DSON Importer can be installed.

You should be using the DIM zips for products like V4 and M4 -- the old installers are very old, the problem with installing those products outside of the application folder was fixed in Poser 7 SR3, and on Windows versions after XP they will NOT work properly if installed in Program.

• The settings tab you show is the Installation tab -- the 64-bit software entry should read "C:\Program" (without the quotes) and the 32-bit should read "C:\Program (x86)".  On the tab to its right, the Applications tab, that's where you need to add the path to Poser so that the DSON Importer can be installed.

You should be using the DIM zips for products like V4 and M4 -- the old installers are very old, the problem with installing those products outside of the application folder was fixed in Poser 7 SR3, and on Windows versions after XP they will NOT work properly if installed in Program.

I know that it should say only Program and Program (x86). The problem I'm having is that Install Manager changes the path when I've pointed out the path.  indecisionfrowncrying I can't change it back and I think I have the new V4 and M4 because I've downloaded them from my account this week. 

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114
    edited October 2015

ok,so ,,,you corrected the installation paths on the "installation" tab, then went to the "applications" tab and corrected the path to your poser install and then the DIM reset them both to the incorrect setting when you clicked the accept button?

edit: here are the screen shots of what mine look like.I don't have Poser, but the rest of the ones I have are showing on the "applications" tab.hope this helps. :)

applications tab.jpg
    542 x 516 - 70K
    install tab.jpg
    540 x 517 - 68K
    Post edited by IceCrMn on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053

I know that it should say only Program and Program (x86). The problem I'm having is that Install Manager changes the path when I've pointed out the path.  indecisionfrowncrying I can't change it back and I think I have the new V4 and M4 because I've downloaded them from my account this week. 

The path to the software is right, "Program Files" is the actual name of the "Program" directory, which has a different display name depending on the language of your OS.

• Leana said:

The path to the software is right, "Program Files" is the actual name of the "Program" directory, which has a different display name depending on the language of your OS.

So why is it complaining saying it "can't find the installed path for Posr Pro 2014"???? 

• You have to tell it that you have Poser installed, and where, in the Application tab - the one next to the Instalaltion tab. Click the + button to add a new application, in the dialogue set the application and version details, then click the ... button to set the path.