UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Nope, no "uninstall" options.  Everything works fine except the stone and stone bridges features. Could it just be a low memory issue?

• Hi Howie. I have been using your UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System and Desert Botanica Bundle for some time now. Since I like creating renderings of prehistoric environments (for many years I have used Bryce and prehistoric animal and plants libraries purchased on the Daz, Renderosity and others websites), I would like to ask you if you could implement prehistoric ecosystems in Ultrascenery. With the power of your generator and the rendering capabilities of Nvidia Iray you would obtain spectacular results in acceptable times!
    Thanks for your work.

Giuseppe

P.S.I attach an example of a render made with Bryce

Parasaurolophus.jpg
    2000 x 1005 - 1M
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,375
    edited September 2023

I have a question about Landscape Features 4 - roads. 

I have mossy hollow, northwest, pines, feature3-boadwalks,  and all work exactly as they should. Awesome. 

I'm running DS 4.16 12gig 3060 card, on my rendering computer.

Landscape features 4 - roads is crashing dasStudio.  If I try to run the creator is just gets hung up at the terrain stage.  

Now,  I can load the individual props fences that come with the roads, without issue from the features folder

But even trying to load the decal roads crashes DazStudio 4.16.  Is this a version issue? Is there some kind of work around for older versions of DS?  

[edit add]

I just tested it on my install of DS 4.21 and it generated the roads quickly as expected.  So it is something to do with DS 4.16 maybe? not a biigie,  just fyi

[edit add]

I just tried the stone bridge on the 4.21  and wow that is a cool feature!  

[edit add]

Have to post an image. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200
    edited September 2023

FirstBastion said:

I have mossy hollow, northwest, pines, feature3-boadwalks,  and all work exactly as they should. Awesome. 

Landscape features 4 - roads is crashing dasStudio.  If I try to run the creator is just gets hung up at the terrain stage.  

Now,  I can load the individual props fences that come with the roads, without issue from the features folder

But even trying to load the decal roads crashes DazStudio 4.16.  Is this a version issue? Is there some kind of work around for older versions of DS?  

[edit add]

I just tested it on my install of DS 4.21 and it generated the roads quickly as expected.  So it is something to do with DS 4.16 maybe? not a biigie,  just fyi

[edit add]

There was an update to UltraScenery itself in June to support higher resolution textures and fix a restrict to camera issue. There is now DS-version-specific code in UltraScenery. Are you running the latest version of UltraScnery on that computer? If not, maybe that is the issue. This is the note in the readme:

• 2023-06-05 Update Ver 1.3.6.3
      • This update now does a check on the version of Studio being used. If version is prior to 4.21 then the script will use the originally supplied terrain materials. If 4.21 or later then it will use higher res materials (if available). This is to prevent older version of Studio crashing when trying to use materials created in 4.21.
      • Fixed issue of bare ground when using “restrict to camera” and “adjust water level” at the same time.

Edit: Updated to bold the old versiuon crashing statement in the readme.

Post edited by barbult on

Dr Fork said:

Nope, no "uninstall" options.  Everything works fine except the stone and stone bridges features. Could it just be a low memory issue?

Possibly, I suppose, if you are running other programs at the same time. You can use Task Manager to monitor memory usage. I don't think you ever answered my repeated question about what version of UltraScenery you are running.

• US script: 1.3.6.3

Accelerator:  1.0.2.4

Unless there is no way around it, I only have one application open at a time.

Dr Fork said:

US script: 1.3.6.3

Accelerator:  1.0.2.4

Unless there is no way around it, I only have one application open at a time.

That sounds good. Does your Daz log file have any warnings or errors from UltraScenery? 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,375
    edited September 2023

barbult said:

FirstBastion said:

[edit add]

[edit add]

There was an update to UltraScenery itself in June to support higher resolution textures and fix a restrict to camera issue. There is now DS-version-specific code in UltraScenery. Are you running the latest version of UltraScnery on that computer? If not, maybe that is the issue. This is the note in the readme:

• 2023-06-05 Update Ver 1.3.6.3
      • This update now does a check on the version of Studio being used. If version is prior to 4.21 then the script will use the originally supplied terrain materials. If 4.21 or later then it will use higher res materials (if available). This is to prevent older version of Studio crashing when trying to use materials created in 4.21.
      • Fixed issue of bare ground when using “restrict to camera” and “adjust water level” at the same time.

Edit: Updated to bold the old versiuon crashing statement in the readme.

Thank you barbult!  That sounds most likely  to be the issue. Will update.  

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  •    I could find no warnings or errors from UltraScenery in the Log.

Dr Fork said:

I could find no warnings or errors from UltraScenery in the Log.

I'm out of ideas for now. According to your investigation, we've eliminated the main sources of trouble, like installing with Daz Connect, running an out of date version, not owning the required products. Yours seems to be a unique case.
  • In which case, if working from the latest ed. of both D/S and UltraScenergy, you could put a ticket in to Technical Support. It could take a little while for a solution. They will want to know the exact steps taken etc., so they can see if they can replicate the problem at their end.

• ZWZW Posts: 36
    edited September 2023

Okay, hopefully I'm in the right place this time around. :P thanks to barbult I was able to have this work. I think I will need to forget about the accelerator, but I won't ask for a refund and keep it just in case.

Basically I'm posting this for others who buy this and install manually like I do. Manually installing this product works fine if you leave the folders structure as is. (I'm not terribly fond of that, but US looks really good, so I'll make an exception for it!)

However it's impossible to install the accelerator manually, so be aware of that. It can only be installed via DIM. (Why... well I have no clue and the expert barbult has no clue either...soo there's that.) I haven't tested everything fully yet, especially the all the add-ons I've picked up, but I'll update if something important comes up.

Here's a quick render shot to showcase that it can work when installed manually even if not ideal for this very product. 

zw_us_test_render1.png
    960 x 528 - 674K
    Post edited by ZW on

ZW said:

Okay, hopefully I'm in the right place this time around. :P thanks to barbult I was able to have this work. I think I will need to forget about the accelerator, but I won't ask for a refund and keep it just in case.

Basically I'm posting this for others who buy this and install manually like I do. Manually installing this product works fine if you leave the folders structure as is. (I'm not terribly fond of that, but US looks really good, so I'll make an exception for it!)

However it's impossible to install the accelerator manually, so be aware of that. It can only be installed via DIM. (Why... well I have no clue and the expert barbult has no clue either...soo there's that.) I haven't tested everything fully yet, especially the all the add-ons I've picked up, but I'll update if something important comes up.

Here's a quick render shot to showcase that it can work when installed manually even if not ideal for this very product. 

That's quite elaborate for your first try; good work. Yes, you are in the right place! Thanks.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069

Technically you can install the accelerator manually but you can only download it with DIM.

• namffuak said:

Technically you can install the accelerator manually but you can only download it with DIM.

Yep I can confirm this as I have done it that way, same with any plug-in. Download with DIM then manually unzip and install, you just have to make sure you know where it needs to be put 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069

DreamWeever said:

namffuak said:

Yep I can confirm this as I have done it that way, same with any plug-in. Download with DIM then manually unzip and install, you just have to make sure you know where it needs to be put 

That's the main reason plugins only come packaged for DIM; in addition, if you have the beta as well as the general release of Studio, DIM will install to both at the same time.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,113
    edited September 2023

I just got an error that said UltraScenery can't find file "20" whatever that is. 

I'm using the new Stone Bridges. My options are:

Features: Stone Bridge 4
    Ecology: Harpwood 2 (I've also tried it with Australia 1 and Britain 1, and it still throws the error. It doesn't have an error with the native Woodlands ecologies.)
    Water: Default
    Extend Forest: on

I checked, and it's looking for file "20" in Runtime/textures/Stonemason/gr 

Is anybody else getting this? It seems to happen with any of the add-on packs and Bridge 4. I haven't checked any other bridges yet.

edit: I just checked Bridge 5 and got the same error

Screenshot 2023-09-20 145854.png
    796 x 542 - 48K
    Post edited by butterflyfish on
    edited September 2023

butterflyfish said:

I just got an error that said UltraScenery can't find file "20" whatever that is. 

I'm using the new Stone Bridges. My options are:

Features: Stone Bridge 4
    Ecology: Harpwood 2 (I've also tried it with Australia 1 and Britain 1, and it still throws the error. It doesn't have an error with the native Woodlands ecologies.)
    Water: Default
    Extend Forest: on

I checked, and it's looking for file "20" in Runtime/textures/Stonemason/gr 

Is anybody else getting this? It seems to happen with any of the add-on packs and Bridge 4. I haven't checked any other bridges yet.

edit: I just checked Bridge 5 and got the same error

It is a known and reported problem A fix is already in the works. See this post.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Wow, thanks. I think I must have missed reading that whole page.

butterflyfish said:

Wow, thanks. I think I must have missed reading that whole page.

Sometimes there are a lot of posts in this thread. Things can get buried fast. We should get an update to UltraScenery. I haven't seen it in DIM yet, though.

• barbult said:

butterflyfish said:

Wow, thanks. I think I must have missed reading that whole page.

Sometimes there are a lot of posts in this thread. Things can get buried fast. We should get an update to UltraScenery. I haven't seen it in DIM yet, though.

I guess it depends on how busy he is with USC 2.

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 585
    edited September 2023
    The fix is working its way through QA at the moment so... soon?
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952
    edited September 2023

The UltraScenery update (1.3.6.4) appears to be live.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • DoctorJellybean said:

Awesome, thanks! 

• butterflyfish said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Awesome, thanks! 

Thanks for the update. Another job for the weekend.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,076
    edited September 2023

Confirmed, I updated and no longer see that error. Thanks Howie!

I was going to share the test render, but I will spare you all the sight of Wolfgang 8.1 shirtless on a quad ... yep, the eternal task of testing new stuff, especially with the current awesome sale.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

Yes, thanks for sending the update to Daz. It installed with DIM just fine.

• It installed and runs fine on my goofy setup as well, thank you for the lovely bridges :-)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited September 2023

Bridge 5 after update.

Bridge05sc02pic07bs.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

Combining Ultrascenery and UltrasceneryXT certainly adds a new dimension to renders.

Returning Home

2023-09-05 21:23:48.290 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 21 minutes 4.82 seconds

Click on image for full size.

Moonlit Drive

2023-09-08 11:51:00.503 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 21 minutes 12.83 seconds

Moonlit Drive

2023-09-08 14:52:17.195 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 46 minutes 11.40 seconds