Guidance for advanced full body posing?

I am trying to pose a character laying on their side, and am having trouble finding a good tutorial that can get me started. Most of the tutorials just cover basic manipulation of the arms and legs of a standing figure, and I am looking for something that can take me past that point. Any recommendations for a good full body posing tutorial?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818

Rotate the hip bone to get the broad orientation, then it's like any other pose - if possible get into the position yourself, or get a friend or relative to do so, and note what bends and twists then mimic that on the model.

• Thanks for the response. I think that is more or less the point I'm at. I am able to get the figure into the desired pose more or less, but then a small tweak to the leg throws off the hip slightly and then, I'm redoing the torso and head. I feel like I am most likely not using the tools as efficiently as I should be. More tedious brute force than efficiency.

• The WP Guri, Jay, did a great video recently on posing tools and the variety of methods to use.