Freebie Lightsaber!

Collective3dCollective3d Posts: 446
edited September 2015 in Freebies

I made this about a year ago and finally got around to doing materials and textures this weekend.

Daz format with Iray materials.  Morphing blade that can be extended and retracted with a slider.  The emissive blade material glows if you enable bloom.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v80lacb0oy5ny7s/Collective3d Lightsaber.zip?dl=0

Main.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 239K
Popup_1.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 203K
Lightsaber 01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Post edited by Collective3d on

Comments

• Wow, nice! thank you! :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

oh that looks cool, thank you

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

Thank you for this!

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

That's a very nice looking prop and blade!  I can wait to try it out!  laugh

• selias19selias19 Posts: 252

Thank you very much.

• Glad you guys like it!  Let's see some nice renders when you get them done!

• This is a really great lightsaber, but I can't for the life of me, get the retractible blade to work. The lightsaber loads as a prop, but there's nothing else I can do with it. What am I doing wrong, or what needs to go where in order for it to work? D:

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

It's all there; look again in the Scene tab, it's actually two props, the Lightsaber itself and a Blade prop parented to it. Select the Blade prop, go to the Parameters tab, click on the General section and you'll see an "Extend Blade" dial.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited October 2015

I liked this one, thank you :) Have only had time to use it once, and afraid it isn't all that easy to see since it is part of a memory so faded into the base picture. But it is there :) The pic in question is my swtor character Kit, a jedi healer. Being a battle healer she has seen a fair share of warzones and frontlines, and this is her remembering her first time in a warzone pretty much. 

Kit - Memories of War

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Thanks!

I just randomly ran accross this & you just saved me a few hours of work, I was about to make my own from scratch.

Well done!

• DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 289

Is the lightsaber prop still available? If so, where can I get it?

• Link is broken, does anyone have a new link for this downlaod? 

• Link is broken, does anyone have a new link for this downlaod? 

Only the creator may post a new link.

• link did not work, 404.

• VilleSVilleS Posts: 25

The link seems to be down for quite a while now. But if you are looking for another nice ready-to-use lightsaber have a look at this: https://aeon--soul.deviantart.com/art/Free-Lightsaber-for-G3F-with-obj-included-590964903

• OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419

I made this about a year ago and finally got around to doing materials and textures this weekend.

Daz format with Iray materials.  Morphing blade that can be extended and retracted with a slider.  The emissive blade material glows if you enable bloom.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v80lacb0oy5ny7s/Collective3d Lightsaber.zip?dl=0

Uh, the link's broken. Could you provide us with a new one?