Has anyone sent DAZ content through Omniverse?

SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,515

I'll admit to not fully understanding with the Nvidia Omniverse is aside from it being a way to send USD scenes to a renderer where other people and programs like UE and Maya can work seamlessly with them, but has anyone tried sending DAZ content to it through Blender for example? I'm just curious to know if its renderer, physics system, and other tools offer anything substantional that we could not achieve in other ways. Thanks.

Comments

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

I have not played with it myself, but Omniverse has multiple render options, including Iray. They call it "RTX Accurate" in Omniverse. The other options are real time rendering, game engines.

• bishboschbishbosch Posts: 47

A Daz bridge to Omniverse was advertised as early as Jensen's keynote spech during CES in January 2022. Unfortunately it never came about, but I personally think Blender is a much, much better option than Omniverse for working with a scene from start to finish. Better documentation and a much more active community.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,515

Thanks for the information.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,520

I never used Omniverse myself just read some presentation. I use blender mostly.

As for physics and real time rendering blender is quite "old" now. That is, eevee can only use screen space effects and doesn't use real time raytracing so rtx cards are wasted on it. As for physics it only uses the cpu and it is not even multithreaded for the most part, you can only have one thread per object. So a modern solution as Omniverse has its points. It allows the authoring application to focus on modeling and animation then send to Omniverse for rendering and simulation.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,515

Interesting. I suppose if Studio ever is able to export in USD, it might be something to consider. The biggest issue I've had with exporting anything out of Studio is that you always have to manually set up the textures for so many objects and surfaces. I've heard that USD might help with that sort of thing, but I've never tried sending anything with textures to another renderer in that format.