The Black House Base. Missing files?

Hi All

just installed the Black House after loading it Studio kisks up that there are missing file:-

/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 10/Rangé.dsf
/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 11/Rangé.dsf
/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 3/Rangé.dsf
/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 6/Rangé.dsf
/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 7/Rangé.dsf
/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 8/Rangé.dsf
/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 9/Rangé.dsf
/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range2/Rangé.dsf
/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range4/Rangé.dsf
/data/3DStyle/The Black House/TBH Range Of Stones/Rangé.dsf

I have tried reinstalling it . But no change, same error.

I have looked on the store page and cannot see anything about needing anyother product

anyone else having this problem ? and anyone know of a fix or do I have to put in another ticket for possable return.

Comments

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 579
    edited May 2023

I am now going to look at all the add ons I got for the Black house to see if anything else wrong shows up and may return the lot if its a problem child

Post edited by myotherworld on
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,783

If you look in your library, is the files then there?

It could be the accents in the file names that throw DS off, although others should have seen that too.

• RangerRickRangerRick Posts: 256
    edited May 2023

Someone else also mentioned the problem and Richard Haseltine thought it might be a problem with the accented 'e' in the filename and suggested opening a support ticket..  I haven't loaded it yet myself.  You might want to open a support ticket and see it they'll fix it. 

Also, AgitatedRiot posted lots of useful info and bunch of renders in another forum thread where I asked if anyone had tried the series out:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/629306/

Product link for DAZdeals plugin to pickup this thread:  https://www.daz3d.com/the-black-house-base

Edited to correct a typo.

Edited, again, to say Thanks felis, I'm just too slow at typing.

Post edited by RangerRick on
  • MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited May 2023

Okay I think I have found the or an issue.

Copied both paths to confirm they where the same and there is a space in 3DStyle's folder but the one containing the Black House main folder has a space (3D Style).

F:\Users\Public\Documents\Daz 3D\My Library\data\3DStyle

F:\Users\Public\Documents\Daz 3D\My Library\data\3D Style

The error message says (3DStyle) not (3D Style)

I think someone did a misstype, happens to us all;)

The weird thing is only one of the folders appears in each window?

My origional post:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/632526/the-black-house-data-path-issue

Could someone confirm this?

Post edited by Mouser on

I believe the stuff under ''data/3D Style'  is from a different product or products.  Just checking the filesystem (because I'm not in front of my render machine and I'm really trying to get to sleep :-) ) I see the following folders:

[allison:My DAZ 3D Library/data/3D Style] xxxxxx% ls -1
    BSO
    Cybergadgets
    EON
    FB
    FBE
    MAS
    [allison:My DAZ 3D Library/data/3D Style] xxxxxx%

The mostly seem to be related to some outfit.

When I look at one of the dsf files that's throwing the error I see the name inside does not match the name in the filesystem:

[allison:3DStyle/The Black House/range2] xxxxxx% egrep "ange2/Rang" '/Volumes/Assets/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range2/RangT.dsf'
            "id" : "/data/3DStyle/The%20Black%20House/range2/Rang%C3%A9.dsf",
    [allison:3DStyle/The Black House/range2] xxxxxx%

The dsf file use using some multi-byte code but the zip file (IM00088266-01_TheBlackHouseBase.zip) says:

[@morrigan.local].3712: unzip -t IM00088266-01_TheBlackHouseBase.zip  | egrep RangT.dsf
        testing: Content/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 10/RangT.dsf   OK
        testing: Content/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 11/RangT.dsf   OK
        testing: Content/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 3/RangT.dsf   OK
        testing: Content/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 6/RangT.dsf   OK
        testing: Content/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 7/RangT.dsf   OK
        testing: Content/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 8/RangT.dsf   OK
        testing: Content/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 9/RangT.dsf   OK
        testing: Content/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range2/RangT.dsf   OK
        testing: Content/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range4/RangT.dsf   OK
        testing: Content/data/3DStyle/The Black House/TBH Range Of Stones/RangT.dsf   OK
    [@morrigan.local].3713:

And that's how they show up for me on my Mac.

I hope the above displayed correctly as I don't know what I'm doing with forum formatting.

I'll try to actually load the base in Daz Studio this weekend but my old system is on life-support until the replacement power supply for the external 5-bay arrives.

I went and edited the file names. It works fine now. But this SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. Just what is Daz QC department should be picking this up. So I ask what are they doing, is there even a QC department
  • Abstract SoulAbstract Soul Posts: 159

I have the same problem and the question I have is, why hasn't this been adressed? the product came out a while ago, it should have been fixed by now

You're right.  It shouldn't happen.  I'd prefer they change all references of  Rang%C3%A9  to just  Range  in the filenames and the references. It seems the tools they use for packaging don't handle accented characters well.  And different customers' OS's might not handle accented filenames depending on how old they are(?).

A (not so quick) look shows it's 139 references spread over 13 files.  And that's just the Base product. I didn't check to see if the others in the series have the same problem.

Whenever I get around to loading the products I'll open tickets but I encourage anyone who's hit this already to open their own ticket.

I'd hate to have to return them because I don't know how that would affect any discounts or Tokens they may have earned me.

So for anyone that has this problem. go into the date folder and change "RangT"

/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 10/RangT.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 11/RangT.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 3/RangT.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 6/RangT.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 7/RangT.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 8/RangT.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 9/RangT.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range2/RangT.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range4/RangT.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/TBH Range Of Stones/RangT.dsf

To the following "Rangé"

/data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 10/Rangé.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 11/Rangé.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 3/Rangé.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 6/Rangé.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 7/Rangé.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 8/Rangé.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range 9/Rangé.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range2/Rangé.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/range4/Rangé.dsf
    /data/3DStyle/The Black House/TBH Range Of Stones/Rangé.dsf

HAVE FUN

Q: Does anyone know why does 3DStyle not just fix the install files for their product?

Q: Has any of the other Black House products exhibited similar issues?

Thanks;)

Mouser said:

Q: Does anyone know why does 3DStyle not just fix the install files for their product?

Q: Has any of the other Black House products exhibited similar issues?

Thanks;)

For your first question, I suspect it's because we're all just talking about the problem. I don't know that anyone actually opened a ticket yet.  Whenever I get around to actually loading the product (as opposed to just checking the content of the files) then I plan to open a ticket. I hope the fix will be to change the names and references to "Range.dsf" instead of "RangT.dsf" for the filenames and the accented e version (Rang%C3%A9) in the references.

Regarding the other products in the series, I extracted the ZIP for the Tower product and didn't notice the same problem. But I didn't actually load it yet. 

I'm still hoping to spend some time with these products "real soon now" but real life is always a priority, sadly.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,079

Mouser said:

Most likely because they're not aware of the problem. Did anyone open a support ticket to report it to Daz?

edited May 2023

An expansion on my question.

Why did 3DStyle not simply install and open (test) their own product to confirm it actualy works properly before release?

Post edited by Mouser on

Okay I spent some time uninstaling and re-installing all of the Black House content.

Changed the file names in question to (Rangé.dsf).

The problem is still there.

Hmm

Copied the DIM installed files from data/3D Style to data/3DStyle.

Works (yay)

It was both the files names and the data folder name combined that was the issue for me.

• franky85franky85 Posts: 112
    edited May 2023

I also own this product but didn't use it directly; mostly it's addon rooms. It seems to happen either when you load the full scene for the "House and Environment", or the scene subset for the environment only which probably is what gets called by the full scene anyway.

I did create a ticket in case no one else did - I've had nothing but good experiences in my dealings with daz support so I'm not worried. Probably won't get any updates until monday because it's the weekend now :)

Post edited by franky85 on