G8 clothes will not autofit to G9 skeleton

vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,643
edited May 2023 in The Commons

I am trying to fit the following outfit onto the G9 Midnight Bones figure which I purchased today.

https://www.daz3d.com/midnight-bones-for-genesis-9

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-moonage-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

See attached. The dialog does not offer to fit the Genesis 8 Moonage Outfit to the figure. The dropdown only contains "Unsupported".

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just the skeleton that will not allow autofit for clothes?

Screenshot (590).jpg
1160 x 858 - 422K
Post edited by vonHobo on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

see if you can autofit the outfit to regular G9

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,643

FSMCDesigns said:

That worked. Thank you.

So I guess the Midnight Bones figure will not take clothes then. So disappointed. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Hmm someone posted a tutorial on how to create a clone for autofit when G9 came out.  I wonder if that would work for the skeleton also?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

von Hobo said:

FSMCDesigns said:

That worked. Thank you.

So I guess the Midnight Bones figure will not take clothes then. So disappointed. 

If that works, then save the outfit after you autofit it to G9 (save as support asset - figure) and then try to load it on the Midnight Bones figure. It might just be that it has to be a G9 outfit to work on the Midnight Bones figure, so if you save after you autofit, it will be a G8 outfit

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

FSMCDesigns said:

von Hobo said:

FSMCDesigns said:

That worked. Thank you.

If that works, then save the outfit after you autofit it to G9 (save as support asset - figure) and then try to load it on the Midnight Bones figure. It might just be that it has to be a G9 outfit to work on the Midnight Bones figure, so if you save after you autofit, it will be a G8 outfit

It would be simpler to just have a regular G9 figure in the same scene while you're setting things up. Autofit to G9, then right-click the clothing and fit it to the skeleton. Delete G9 when the skeleton is fully dressed.

murgatroyd314 said:

FSMCDesigns said:

von Hobo said:

FSMCDesigns said:

That worked. Thank you.

It would be simpler to just have a regular G9 figure in the same scene while you're setting things up. Autofit to G9, then right-click the clothing and fit it to the skeleton. Delete G9 when the skeleton is fully dressed.

Thank you. I can't believe how well this worked (see attached). 

Much appreciated! 

1.jpg
    678 x 669 - 206K
    2.jpg
    678 x 669 - 204K
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,066

Another way I have done it with an M4 skeleton converted to a G8F wearable is to fit the skeleton to G8F, fit clothing to G8F, pose G8F and then make her invisible. I suspect that'd work with G9 too. There are a number of ways to do the same thing & it's useful to have options if your preferred method doesn't work in a particular circumstance.

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

Another way I have done it with an M4 skeleton converted to a G8F wearable is to fit the skeleton to G8F, fit clothing to G8F, pose G8F and then make her invisible. I suspect that'd work with G9 too. There are a number of ways to do the same thing & it's useful to have options if your preferred method doesn't work in a particular circumstance.

Regards,

Richard

Thank you Richard. I agree. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

You might want to morph the G9 figure to be skinnier, especially the legs so it will look more like a skeleton. The outfit is still using G9's thicker body.

Wonderland said:

You might want to morph the G9 figure to be skinnier, especially the legs so it will look more like a skeleton. The outfit is still using G9's thicker body.

Yes. I was just doing a test, but I see your point. This guy needs to gain some weight. wink 

• SPewSPew Posts: 19

If you use the "MB fitted with Genises 9" figure instead of the stand alone "MB Skeleton", Genesis 8 clothes autofit nicely.

SPew said:

If you use the "MB fitted with Genises 9" figure instead of the stand alone "MB Skeleton", Genesis 8 clothes autofit nicely.

Oh wow! I was wondering what that figure was for.

I could have saved myself all this trouble if I had just loaded the "fitted" figure.

I looked through the description to see what this was for, but it did not really go into detail. So now I know. 

Thank you!