Genesis Evolution Head Morphs - V4 Morph ++

2»

Comments

• lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

I try to open “V 4.2 to V3”, poser pronts me with internet explorer serching for “V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2”,
    it point me in C where Poser is instralled however my libraries are installed in E
    “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content" the main library with default installation contents
    “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4" only for Victoria 4
    I manually serch “V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2” in “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/Runtime/Libraries/!Daz/V4toV3/” as you told, inside ".../!Daz/V4toV3/” there are so many sub folders where exatly is “V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2” in your library, in which subfolder, can you tell me please the whole folder tree from ".../!Daz/V4toV3/” on?
    Thanks a lot!

Post edited by lannabulls on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Inside "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/Runtime/Libraries/!Daz" will be a batch file named "DzCreateExPFiles-V4V3.bat" -- that's to initialize the V4 to V3 morphs. I believe only the one for V4 gets run when you install morphs, the V4 to V3 one needs to be run manually. That creates the .pz2 files you're missing.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Good call mike. Yes just run the V4V3 Bat file like you did on page one of this thread.

edited September 2012

Thank a lot Mike, it works!
    Now finally Victoria 4 is installed properly and works fine, let install the other files,
    keep you update if i get trouble.
    thank a lot to everybody Mike, Szark and the others i really apreciated your precious help!!!!

Post edited by lannabulls on
    edited December 1969

Glad you got there in the end. :)

edited December 1969

one more help please, sorry about my stupid question too:
    i installed
    “Victoria 4 Bodysuit”
    and
    “Diving Suits for V4 Bodysuit”, this gadget needs “Victoria 4 Bodysuit” in order to work properly,
    both gadgets are installed and work fine.
    About “Victoria 4 Bodysuit” the “ReadMe” file say:
    You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser libraries:
    Figures: “DAZ’s Victoria 4 Clothing”
    Pose: “DAZ’s Victoria 4:MATs V4BodySuit”
    About “Diving Suits for V4 Bodysuit”, the “ReadMe” file say:
    You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser Libraries:
    Pose: “V4DivingBodysuitMATs”
    How can i dress “Victroria 4” with “Victoria 4 Bodysuit” , and then apply “Diving Suits for V4 Bodysuit”? for “Victoria 4 Bodysuit” i have files in “figure” and “pose” if in poser i open Victoria 4 and i want dress her with
    “Victoria 4 Bodysuit” i try to open file “Victoria 4 Bodysuit” in “figure” and it replace “Victoria 4” with “Victoria 4 Bodysuit” cause obviously both are figures, can you explain to me how it works please, i was expecting “Victoria bodysiut” in clothes not in figure!!!!
    hope i can make you understand with my poor written english,
    thank a lot!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

These are older items (before Genesis), and they use the Poser file structure. The are stored in a Poser Runtime folder, and nearly all clothing, buildings, cars, people etc, are known as Figures. The V4 bodysuit will be in Figures as well, that is correct.

The Materials for the Bodysuit are applied using what is known as a 'MAT Pose', in other words, a Pose file which does not alter the figure's pose, but does change the figure's material.

Load the V4 character first, then load the V4 Bodysuit. Select the Bodysuit in the Scene tab, go to the Parameters tab, and select the 'Fit To' option, and fit it to V4. Then you can go to the Pose folder to find Diving Suit texture that you want to use. Make sure that the Bodysuit (not V4) is selected in the Scene tab, and then apply the Diving Suit texture that you want from the Pose folder.

All of this is done in the Content Library tab, Poser Formats > My Library > Figures.

I only have the bodysuit, and I have applied it to V4, and used the Fit To option as well. I don't have the Diving Suit, but the bodysuit fits V4 very well. See image below:

Untitled-1.jpg
    716 x 466 - 58K
    edited December 1969

one more help please, sorry about my stupid question too:
    Please no need to apologise for asking questions. Questions can become stupid if ones doesn't learn from the answers. In fact this Figure question is a very good one.

As Jimmy said (thx Jimmy for stepping in) clothing, props and buildings etc can be Figures. This is down to how they we made and set up for distribution. Yes it can be and was for me, confusing but give it time and experience and all will become clear.