JoeQuick's Young Anime Heroes for Genesis 9

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

JoeQuick's Young Anime Heroes for Genesis 9  WOW.  Surprised no one has posted about this fabulous product.  This is pure brilliance but then again we are talking about Joe.  What a mind, what an imagination and the ability to make it happen.  This is probably how Aiko and Hiro should have looked from the get go, imho!  

https://www.daz3d.com/young-anime-heroes-for-genesis-9

I did have a question about the hair though, does that back ponytail have a morph to make the hair more male like?  I kinda notices that seems to be the case in the promos!  

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,001

RAMWolff said:

I did have a question about the hair though, does that back ponytail have a morph to make the hair more male like?  I kinda notices that seems to be the case in the promos!  

Parts of the hair can be hidden to make it more masculine.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Ah, OK.  thank you! 

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 825
    edited April 2023

I grabbed Young Anime Heroes this morning and have been mixing it with some other stylized/toon/anime G9 shapes I've been working on.

I really like how it works with other morphed figure(s).

The default masculine Anime Hero reminds me of the Astro Boy cartoon.

This is a great product and I'm getting some great shapes with it.

Thank you, JoeQuick!

Lee

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,216

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, wishlisted and bookmarked lol

• kwerkxkwerkx Posts: 105

BIG EYES for G9!  wishlisted!

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,431

It looks like the character and hair were originally intended to be separate products. At least, that's the only reason I can think of for a download this small (under 30 MB total? unheard of these days!) to be split into two installer packages.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,035

The base pose is incredibly weird: leaning forward, with hyperextended knees, butt WAY up and belly stuck out. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Gordig said:

The base pose is incredibly weird: leaning forward, with hyperextended knees, butt WAY up and belly stuck out. 

I thought that was the way she was made. I think that is the bipedal mammalian female ovulation stance.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,748
    Gordig said:

i noticed it too... But surely that's just an artistic choice for the promo renders, and not baked into the morph?
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,002
    RAMWolff said:

JoeQuick's Young Anime Heroes for Genesis 9  WOW.  Surprised no one has posted about this fabulous product.  This is pure brilliance but then again we are talking about Joe.  What a mind, what an imagination and the ability to make it happen.  This is probably how Aiko and Hiro should have looked from the get go, imho!  

https://www.daz3d.com/young-anime-heroes-for-genesis-9

Lack of buzz isn't too surprising - the Astro Boy style seems to be a sort of "niche within a niche". Calling the product "anime" might have been a mistake - people interested in Disney or Pixar (or other Western) toons might pass it over, and I suspect that group is probably more likely to enjoy the product than fans of more popular styles of anime. I'd have suggested calling it "Cosmic Kids Toon Boy and Girl for Genesis 9" (or something along those lines) and used the promo of them standing side-by-side in space suits as the main store image.

Not knocking the product, btw - just sharing the impression that it gave me on first viewing, since the subject was broached. It misses the mark for me - I quite like Sakura 8, Kenji 7, Kanade 8, etc. But it's certainly a creative product, and I'm curious how the shape mixes with others (Josie 9, perhaps).
    I don't get the impression at all that anime is a niche in DAZ land. I feel like 30% of all new characters are anime ladies. (60% white young ladies, 10% everyone else)
    That being said, i think Young Anime Heroes could have been promoted better.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited April 2023

Anybody knows about how to get anime look in renders from Daz Studio?

Post edited by Artini on
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,093
    The only thing that looks anime about them are the eyes. The body shape looks like another western-styled toon like the ones JoeQuick regularly makes. (I think it's the chin and neck. The chin is too rounded and the neck is too short. But these can possibly be altered with dialing in other morphs.) I love the lower percentage blends in the promos.
    edited April 2023

Have trying to get a render looking consistent with the JoeQuick new character for G9.

yah01sc04pic01bs.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 415K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2023

I like this character...

yah01sc06pic07.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 250K
    Post edited by Artini on

Wonderful renders! 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

The default posture *is* weird. Probably correctable, Maybe through Zev0's youth posture shaping from Growing Up. Makes me wonder how it will take poses in general. Like the characters. Like the way they mix with others.

RAMWolff said:

Wonderful renders!

Thanks a lot.

JOdel said:

The default posture *is* weird. Probably correctable, Maybe through Zev0's youth posture shaping from Growing Up. Makes me wonder how it will take poses in general. Like the characters. Like the way they mix with others.

Great ideas - will make more tests, when I will have more time.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

I think if the youth posture dial is a viable fix, you'll need to turn off the limits. The sway-back is extreme.

I think it was Necromancer 8.1 that I had o turn off limits and dial in negative to get him to stand up straight.

I wonder if Joe would consider make a quick fix for this unwanted sway back stance?  

Also there is a new pack for these cutie pies in the store this AM.  

https://www.daz3d.com/fpe-toon-alternate-textures-for-young-anime-heroes

This pack includes more colors for the toon hair as well as eyes and skin.  

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

I wonder how a blend of his Toon Heroes would look with this.

edited April 2023

Blended with some other shapes.

yah3sc07pic01bs.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 525K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018
    edited April 2023

I was gonna wait on these, but I actually dig the posture and the morph does mix well with other shapes. The head is more obvious when it's mixed in than the body is, and I couldn't really find a percentage I liked the look of it at, but it has a noticeable influence on the face even at 1-2%, so if you just want to add a tiny bit of stylization to a head it might be useful for that!

The body morph mixed with Toon Heroes is what I've been trying to do with that shape for a while, so it's great for my usual femboy nonsense. This character uses Anime Heroes body shape at 70%, the proportion preset at 50%, and the Toon Hero head and body morph at 15%/20%. The head was still a little big, so I dialed in Growing Up morph at 1% just to use the youth head proportion dial at -8% or so. It's worth noting that I have a lot of regular masculine body morphs dialed in here, too, so I imagine feminine body shapes would make it considerably skinnier since those usually reduce mass.

That sort of weird posture and spine/hip alignment is a pretty big component of the long-legged hourglass shape that's popular in stylized pinup art, and it's cool to have a dedicated shape for it, especially one that works well with a masculine chest. I haven't run into any issues with posing, but it's the same as drawing it--it's kind of simulating the eye-draw effect of a camera panning up the body, so it looks great in dynamic poses with a fluid line of motion (like the All Sweet series or any of Aeon Soul or 3D Sugar's pose sets), but really awkward if you try to do anything realistic with it.

this man is your friend he fights for freedom.jpg
    4000 x 2619 - 4M
    Post edited by plasma_ring on

Re: Artini. As I feared, when you mix in different morphs you get the dreaded "old people eyes" effect.

vrba79 said:

Re: Artini. As I feared, when you mix in different morphs you get the dreaded "old people eyes" effect.

I do not know, what it means, but thanks for pointing it out.

Look around the eyes and you'll see what look like wrinkles/bags.