Genesis 9 VERY slow parameter response

Hello, with every G9 character, when I adjust any parameter, it take somewhere between 10 to 20 seconds for the change to happen (not an exageration). It's unusable. Using most recent version of Daz, Windows. 3080ti laptop, 16gb vram, 32gb system ram. I have absolutely no issues at all with G8 or G8.1 chars. Nothing else is loaded in the scene. I can't find any info about this in the forum (although the forum search engine is pretty much useless anyways... Any else experience this extreme slow parameters when editing G9 chars?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,456

When one uses a dial the first time (for that character in that session), DS will read the vertex deltas from the morph files. If there are many morph files dependent of that one dial, it may take a while for the dial to respond.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,739
    edited April 2023

Dialing some G9 HD figures may have a little bit delay (around 0.5 - 1 sec) but 10 - 20 secs delay when dialing any parameter on a bare figure~  it's weird...  

Which DS version are you using? If it's not 4.21,  you may upgrade it or download the latest Public Build to give it a test... as the min ver. of well manipulating G9 is 4.21+

Post edited by crosswind on
  • RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

The only thing through all my upgrades that have improved parameter lag is faster single core CPU speed. When I upgraded to my new much faster ryzen, I went from laggy viewport, to instant veiwport manipulation, my DS will completely crash before I see any viewport lag now. Before upgrade, I would alway get a weird lag, like I start to move a dial, it would freeze for many seconds, but then once it unfroze dial would move in real time until release.

• I had something similar with a G8 figure, and that turned out to be the DForce Sea Salt hair I was using on the figure. Even with a massively upgraded pc, I still can't move a figure around, using that hair. Try removing any hair products and see if you still have that issue?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,456

stripe6499_9253833ae8 said:

I had something similar with a G8 figure, and that turned out to be the DForce Sea Salt hair I was using on the figure. Even with a massively upgraded pc, I still can't move a figure around, using that hair. Try removing any hair products and see if you still have that issue?

That could certainly be one culprit, as when one uses the dial on the character the first time (reading the deltas for the morph), the morph is also transfered to any and all fitted items and if the item (hair) has a dense geometry it may very well take some time.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,739
    edited April 2023

stripe6499_9253833ae8 said:

I had something similar with a G8 figure, and that turned out to be the DForce Sea Salt hair I was using on the figure. Even with a massively upgraded pc, I still can't move a figure around, using that hair. Try removing any hair products and see if you still have that issue?

Before moving or posing your figure, do not switch on Preview PR Hairs and give any value to Viewport Line Tessellation Sides on the sub-node - Sea Salt. Then there won't be any performance or lagging problem...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • I noticed using phenotypes on G9 was causing the figure dials to load very slow and it would change until I loaded a completely different G9 figure even after I dialed the morph to zero

• It doesnt seem resolved. I thought Jay vers luis made a video explaining this as a problem with G8 F and M. Its been my main reason for not really investing in G9 at all. I G8 individual figures could have a ton of morphs loaded on each figure. Its not so bad when you only have to worry about male or female having too many morphs. I can only imagine how quickly it might be combining a male and female figure and all of their countless thousands of morphs. I imagine just loading it into the scene takes a ton of time as well. Unless im wrong and they updated studio to accomodate the move. combining the figures is great, but this seemed to be its downside. I dont think its the user, necessarily. Its just the way a combined figure works. Unless you have a spare quantum computer I suppose.