Perennial OpenGL problem reappears

For the last two years or so, if I started studio with the the -allowremote flag on then later logged into that computer remotely there were no problems with the render completing as expected. But now, if I login remotely to the computer while Daz Studio is (iray) rendering a scene then logout, the render aborts with the notorious OpenGL error. This happens regardless of what I do while logged in. I can leave studio and its rendering alone and do something else entirely and I still get the OpenGL abort.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it? 

Windows 10 Education Version, DS 4.21, Nvidia RTX 2070 with latest studio drivers.

Comments

• See the details on commadn line options here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/tech_articles/command_line_options/start - specifically

Experimental Options:
    -allowRemote (since 4.9.3.41)
    Allows blocking of application launch due to incompatible OpenGL version detection to be bypassed
    Useful for when the application is being launch using a remote desktop session, as the detected OpenGL version is typically too low even if the remote machine is known to be compatible when controlled locally
    Does not prevent OpenGL version warning from being displayed

• lamoid_5f20d3e469 said:

For the last two years or so, if I started studio with the the -allowremote flag on then later logged into that computer remotely there were no problems with the render completing as expected. But now, if I login remotely to the computer while Daz Studio is (iray) rendering a scene then logout, the render aborts with the notorious OpenGL error. This happens regardless of what I do while logged in. I can leave studio and its rendering alone and do something else entirely and I still get the OpenGL abort.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it? 

Windows 10 Education Version, DS 4.21, Nvidia RTX 2070 with latest studio drivers.

Did you at any point install NVIDIA OpenGL RDP? It changes driver profile database to enable using hardware accelerated OpenGL via RDP so your Daz Studio instance might be losing the GPU when you login.

If you did install it, you will need to do a clean driver install to get rid of it.