Can I use Daz renders as textures in 3d models that I plan to sell?

Hi everyone, 

Really have no idea about this but have tried searching. Most results seem concerned with selling actual renders which isn't what I plan to do. I'm ovbiously not planning on sharing any assests or textures but am wondering if I can use renders of Daz assests as a texture in a 3d model I plan to sell? For example, if I modelled a photo frame and then wanted to use a render of Daz characters wearing Daz clothes in a Daz environment as the actual photo texture, would that be allowed? If I was planning to sell the 3d object with the render texture included?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,604
    edited April 2023

Yes you can use the renderings of your own (by using Daz products you've bought) as the  texture maps on the model you created. You may check the end-user agreement, 2D works related Terms of Use... https://www.daz3d.com/eula#general_license

Post edited by crosswind on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,304

It depends what content you have in the scene.

If it's products you've purchased here and which have a standard license and not an editorial license (which is the case of most product here) then you should be fine.
    If you used items from other sites, you'll need to check the license for each of those, especially for freebies as some of them are non-commercial use only.

• crosswind said:

Yes you can use the renderings of your own (by using Daz products you've bought) as the  texture maps on the model you created. You may check the end-user agreement, 2D works related Terms of Use... https://www.daz3d.com/eula#general_license

Great news, thanks for the reply! I sort of assumed as much but didn't really know for sure. I'll dig into the agreement.

• Leana said:

It depends what content you have in the scene.

If it's products you've purchased here and which have a standard license and not an editorial license (which is the case of most product here) then you should be fine.
    If you used items from other sites, you'll need to check the license for each of those, especially for freebies as some of them are non-commercial use only.

Awesome, thank you!