Many lip controls missing in Genesis 8.1?

Hey people!

I just switched to G 8.1 (better late then never, haha laugh ) and I noticed something's off about the lip controls.

In G8, if you go to Pose Controls -> Head -> Mouth -> Lips

you have controllers such as:

"Lip Bottom Out-In"

"Lip top out-in"

"Lips closed bare-teeth"

All of these are missing in Genesis 8.1

Is somehting wrong with my installation of G8.1?

I cannot replicate 99% of facial expressions from G8 due to this.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,604
    edited April 2023

As G8.1 uses FACS to control face expressions, so Base Pose Head and Expressions of G8.0 are 'blocked' by a series of  'alias' morph files in data folder. You may just try to use FACS expressions...

Or go to :  your Daz library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\  (as well as data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\), back up 'Base Pose Head' and 'Expressions' folders, then delete them or move them to some other non-Daz library folder. Reload G8.1, those expressions will be back... In this way, there'll be some duplicate expression dials in Parameters but there should be no problem... I removed these 'blockers' just after the time when G8.1 was released...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

As G8.1 uses FACS to control face expressions, so Base Pose Head and Expressions of G8.0 are 'blocked' by a series of  'alias' morph files in data folder. You may just try to use FACS expressions...

Or go to :  your Daz library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\  (as well as data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\), back up 'Base Pose Head' and 'Expressions' folders, then delete them or move them to some other non-Daz library folder. Reload G8.1, those expressions will be back... In this way, there'll be some duplicate expression dials in Parameters but there should be no problem... I removed these 'blockers' just after the time when G8.1 was released...

Thanks for the tip, I will try that!

The default FACS controller also does not give the option for "Lip out-in", like in G8. This is oddly disturbing surprise

mwasielewski1990 said:

crosswind said:

Thanks for the tip, I will try that!

The default FACS controller also does not give the option for "Lip out-in", like in G8. This is oddly disturbing surprise

No, it doesn't ~~ sigh~~ sad

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,914

Also, as those 'dummy' morphs are installed by G8 Starter Essentials and DO expression products, one must keep on deleting them after every update to G8 Starter essentials and DO Expressions.

Definitely ~

• Out of curiosity, is this lip controller also missing in G9? I haven't even touched Gen 9 and I'd like to know it before I buy anything from that generation.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,354

There are many pose controls included with the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials, included free with Daz Studio, so give that a try. There is no face control rig, yet. There is always the ability to manipulate the upper and lower face rigs directly, or with PowerPose. At a minimum, you will probably need/want to get the Genesis 9 Essential Shapes Bundle before going any deeper.