it's possible to wear a dforce fur (for G8M) on G8.1M??

it's possible to wear a dforce fur (for G8M) on G8.1M?? I've tried many ways but the fur is always cut behind the head and on the shoulders. Thanks for reply

Comments

• That sounds as if it is confused by the diffrent surface groups on Genesis 8.1 (which split a single group on 8 into two). Is the fur applied diectly to the figure or to a Geometry Shell? Which set is this?

• 2 examples: First image: a Chimpanzee for G8M fur applied directly on G8.1M; second image: the same fur applied on the Geoshell created on G8.1M . in both cases the fur is cut

1) chimp for G8M on G8.1M NO Geoshell.jpg
    800 x 800 - 96K
    2) chimp for G8M on G8.1M Geoshell.jpg
    800 x 800 - 99K
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,765
    edited April 2023

Because this ChimpanzeeDforceHair does not 'directly' support 8.1 as Torso on 8.1 is separated into Body and Head surfaces, so the preset cannot find Torso surface on 8.1 to set the hair on it ...I ever bought this product but have not seen any relevant update.

Now you may: Go to Surfaces pane, select Torso_Chimpanzee_Fur, search parameter  'Surface Growth Groups', then enter Body,Head into the field...

SNAG-2023-4-9-0001.png
    1882 x 1366 - 472K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Thank you so much, I didn't know about this parameter. Furthermore, if it can help you, I discovered that it is not enough to insert the words "Body,Head" in the Torso field, but you must also add the word "Head" in addition to word "Face", also in the Face field, to avoid obtaining voids such as shown in the pictures. Thanks again:

Face (without Head) parameter Modiified.jpg
    1305 x 984 - 589K
    Face parameter Modiified.jpg
    1285 x 989 - 492K

Actually I've not seen such a problem ~~ And why there're only 4 surfaces on your side? There should be 7 surfaces... looks strange... Which product are you using?

SNAG-2023-4-9-0002.png
    2560 x 1400 - 518K
  • the test I did concerns the dForce fur of the Ape's World Chimp package from Rawart which showed that problem; but I also have the chimpanzee by AM package which owns the 7 surfaces and with which it was not necessary to change the FACE surface. However, we have figured out how to fix the problem in case it occurs with some other Daz package containing a dForce fur (and I have a lot of them). Thanks again for your precious help

chimp Ape's World by Rawart.jpg
    644 x 633 - 96K
    chimpanzee by AM.jpg
    1920 x 961 - 603K

Okay, got it~ I don't have that chimp laugh I believe you've done a right settings~ You're welcome~