But I'm not dead yet!

KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Yeah... So, I fell off the planet in 2020 because Zoom teaching made me loathe sitting at a screen any longer than necessary. It took a while (like 3 years...  whoops.) but I'm finally dipping my toes back in the DAZ waters again.  Gotta say, I am sad to see RRRR became extinct in my absence. Not surprised that there's a whole new Genesis generation. What else did I miss? Nice to see some friendly faces still active in the forums!

Comments

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

Gave up teaching myself 3 years ago for much the same reason, but I kept on Dazzing blush.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,741

Welcome back!

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited April 2023

My school actually had us teaching kids in person AND on Zoom at the same time. Good times. (NOT.) 

Post edited by Karibou on

xyer0 said:

Welcome back!

Thank you!! Good to be back!!

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

Karibou said:

My school actually had us teaching kids in person AND on Zoom at the same time. Good times. (NOT.) 

Luxury! Ever tried to do reading recovery lessons on Zoom LOL? Impossible and soul-destroying.

fred9803 said:

Karibou said:

Luxury! Ever tried to do reading recovery lessons on Zoom LOL? Impossible and soul-destroying.

Oh, I know. I taught engineering and 3D CAD (on IPADS!!) to kids who may or may not have had stable internet... or rulers... or pencils... It was nightmarish, In 2020-21, we started with about half our kids in person and half on Zoom (because sure, I can watch kids on the computer AND in front of me at the same time) then the health department sent us all virtual for 4 months, then we were half in-person/half Zoom again, then they made all the kids come back for the last month. Oh, and they changed to a block schedule in January. Because WHO DIDN'T WANT MORE CHANGE?!! Amazing I'm still sane!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,232

Wlcome back, Karibou. RRRR died when the voting system was no longer free. Then Totte found an alternative, but after we all voted, it would not give him the results.

barbult said:

Wlcome back, Karibou. RRRR died when the voting system was no longer free. Then Totte found an alternative, but after we all voted, it would not give him the results.

Boo. That stinks!! Understandable, though!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627

Karibou said:

barbult said:

...welcome back. 

Yeah I miss the RRRRs. They often helped me get out of a "muse funk".  

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,564

Karibou!! - You have been missed!

kyoto kid said:

Karibou said:

barbult said:

...welcome back. 

Survey Monkey decided they wanted between $50 - $100 to run the voting there so I gave up I checked other similar services and the same there, matrix based ranking is the thing they love charging for. I don't have the time to setup a voting system so if anyone dare I'm happy to run the RRRR again. I have loads of theme ideas.

Totte said:

kyoto kid said:

Karibou said:

barbult said:

...welcome back. 

Survey Monkey decided they wanted between $50 - $100 to run the voting there so I gave up I checked other similar services and the same there, matrix based ranking is the thing they love charging for. I don't have the time to setup a voting system so if anyone dare I'm happy to run the RRRR again. I have loads of theme ideas.

Holy cow!!! That's insane. We use Google Forms at school... I wonder if there's a way to make a form that would work. It's been a while, so I don't remember exactly how we voted. I believe it asked for the category (best, funniest, etc.) and then listed all the submissions, and then had us rank our top...5? Is that correct?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,936

this forum has a poll feature the mods got disabled 

I never understood why

Facebook and YouTube Community does polls too

edited April 2023

Totte said:

kyoto kid said:

Karibou said:

barbult said:

...welcome back. 

Okay. I looked and Google Forms is capable of the poll, but tallying the results would require some work on your part. You could make a Multiple Choice Grid question and check "Limit to one response per column" in the question options.

You'd put the image names in the rows and your rankings in the columns. You can see how that looks in the form setup and how it looks to the end user in the files I attached.

As for the responses, the graphical view of responses is clunky.

HOWEVER, you can then create a Google Sheet from the responses, which can then be used to tally the numeric responses with the addition of a few formulas at the bottom. Attached photos show a walkthrough.

Thank you Covid, for making my school decide we must all become GOOGLE CERTIFIED EDUCATORS. 

Example 2.jpg
    1072 x 927 - 211K
    Example.JPG
    723 x 831 - 58K
    Example 3.jpg
    913 x 657 - 155K
    Example 4.jpg
    916 x 663 - 157K
    Example 5.JPG
    565 x 270 - 20K
    Example 6.JPG
    1137 x 333 - 61K
    Post edited by Karibou on
  • WendyLuvsCatz said:

this forum has a poll feature the mods got disabled 

I never understood why

Facebook and YouTube Community does polls too

I don't think this forum does have polls, the old one did.

...Karibou, that looks promising. 

Would love to see the RRRR come back., I still have my old  Excel spreadsheet or products (which would need some expanding) that I use in conjunction with a number randomiser. 

@Karibou: Wow, never thought of Google Forms, look at a load of questionaire systems.
    OK, tIme to setup an RRRR contest then, null all Lucky Bastards!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,232

I must have another thousand items to add to my list. Are we allowed to omit ancient 3DL and Poser items? I never want to see another V4 or M4 item. I don't even have them installed. Can we limit our list to installed items?

barbult said:

I must have another thousand items to add to my list. Are we allowed to omit ancient 3DL and Poser items? I never want to see another V4 or M4 item. I don't even have them installed. Can we limit our list to installed items?

Yes - I add that to the rules more clearly, (I have 18 months of purchases to enter and 5000 items to cull from my list.... We need a "loong" contest time as we all need to "fix the lists. 

I'm off for some vacation parts of next week so I maybe be able to set it up tomorrow, or after Easter, depends on how much time I get on my hands..

Totte said:

@Karibou: Wow, never thought of Google Forms, look at a load of questionaire systems.
    OK, tIme to setup an RRRR contest then, null all Lucky Bastards!

YESSSSSSS!!! And unlike all of you faithful customers, I've only got about 48 hours of purchases to add to my spreadsheet because I fell into a Plague Abyss for 3 years. (Of course... I've bought A LOT of stuff in the last 48 hours, lol.) Though, that Plague Abyss is the only reason I knew that Google Forms might be the savior of RRRR.

This is honestly the best thing I've done as a Google Certified Educator. Hands-down.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Welcome back, Karibou. Congratulations on being a Google certified educator.  yes

I also gave up teaching a few years ago.  College level.  Similar issues.

RRRR folks.  I miss it as well.  Nice diversion.  I have no useful suggestion for the survey other than to note that the Bryce Challenge uses a survey.  They might have some insights.

Diomede said:

Welcome back, Karibou. Congratulations on being a Google certified educator.  yes

RRRR folks.  I miss it as well.  Nice diversion.  I have no useful suggestion for the survey other than to note that the Bryce Challenge uses a survey.  They might have some insights.

Not gonna lie, it's a fairly useless certification. laugh Glad to be back, though! 

barbult said:

..same here. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Karibou said:

Diomede said:

Not gonna lie, it's a fairly useless certification. laugh Glad to be back, though! 

I am a certified pretzel twister.  As useless as that?  laugh

See https://juliussturgis.com/ ;  

Good to see you posting again.  

Diomede said:

Karibou said:

Diomede said:

I am a certified pretzel twister.  As useless as that?  laugh

See https://juliussturgis.com/ ;  

Good to see you posting again.  

No way! Pretzel twiating is COOL!!! 

Happy to have found my way back!