I am stuck with clearing scene

I cannot load a previously saved scene because DAZ studio just won't anymore in spite of not resaving it

it crashed on a dforce simulation 

now even though I deleted my tmp folder and rebooted the computer it just hangs

I guarantee my other computer will open the same scene as it's just loaded content 

I even deleted all my autoadapted files

still cannot 

if you have V9, Arki's Magnolia dress 

https://www.daz3d.com/muelsfell-modular-elven-sanctuary

https://www.daz3d.com/truli-updo-hair-for-genesis-8-81-and-genesis-3-female

I bet it loads for you too

so where are the corrupted files blocking it on my PC hiding?

duf
duf
temp.duf

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited March 2023

yes it loads on my other PC

have to ignore missing  HDR but otherwise no problems 

going to delete the log file now as sim in it

nup

even saving it with a new name on my other PC and sending it over my wifi network DAZ studio just hangs afterwards 

will I need to reinstall DAZ studio

will reboot PC and try a new scene first

new scene loads others load

this one freezes D|S

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,635
    edited March 2023

I checked the codes in duf file and it seemed that the data related to Truli Updo Hair are not correct but I'm not sure of the reason by now. Probably it resulted from the auto-fit or simulation...
    If you know how to edit a duf file, just delete the codes from line 16 to line 6749 and save it, the file could be opened. Then you may completely delete the hair and set it up again...

I attached the modified file. Pls test it~

zip
    zip
    modified scene.zip
    Post edited by crosswind on

it works on my other PC too though

I will try it later though heart will be busy quite a few hours now

I deleted my scenes and redoing

right now I am starting from scratch and saving scene subsets simulating one piece of clothing at a time

the hair will be last, it was autofitted and I may not even simulate it

Yea~ I further tested the hair and now I'm sure the root reason is auto-fit... If I load the hair without fitting (auto-fit), the scene file could be re-opened with no problem. Auto-fitted version sucked ~~ I assume that the current auto-fitting on G9 still has some problem ~~ or at least for this sort of strand-based hair...

• Anything Autofitted is saved in the scene file unless you save it as a new asset, so clearing out AutoAdpated and so on would not help - I'm not sure why it would then open on your other machine, though.

this is a common issue I have on both computers but it's scene specific to the computer it was saved on

they pretty much always work on the other computer either way, Win7 sent to 10 and vice versa

my libraries are identical as far as content 

Autoadapted folder and saved as support asset data folders would be the only 2 that differ

I usually copy those over though too, it's quite easy to access either library as both on external drives my network generally sees from both computers 

so IMO it has to be something that lives on the E drive or C drive of the Win7 which I cannot access from the Win10

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Are both computers running the same version of Daz Studio?

barbult said:

Are both computers running the same version of Daz Studio?

yes it's the latest beta on both 

Richard Haseltine said:

Anything Autofitted is saved in the scene file unless you save it as a new asset, so clearing out AutoAdpated and so on would not help - I'm not sure why it would then open on your other machine, though.

I also wonder why...

video, Filament render

yes it's that hair autofitted that is the issue

while the saved scene loads on my other computer it too will freeze if I click the "Unfitted but fitted" hair

the only solution I found was not to save it with the hair and add and fit it each scene load, other autofitted stuff has never given me this issue so must be a Strandbased unique problem

I used the hair because I was rendering in Filament and it works better line tesselated 3 sides or more PBR view than hairs with Opacity Maps,

Filament and Cutout Opacity don't play nice as you can see even with the dress

now, related to my deletion of Autoadapted

for some reason my old saved scenes don't recreate V4 and M4 autoadapted files

it will populate it with all the other stuff including V3 and M3

it wants me to download M4 and V4 through control which I have no intention of doing devil

otherwise deleting autoadapted doesn't seem to be a big deal except it takes quite a while to recreate the data

I get block figures yet the clothing is perfectly fitted and the animation works

I tried adding a V4 and M4 to the scene and resaving but that did not fix it on reload, maybe I needed to do a separate scene of V4 and M4 and save that before opening the old scene which now I sadly overwrote

• Hey Wendy

I have been having this problem a lot while creating fibermesh products with DAZ / GoZ / ZBrush

Working scenes corrupting....closing and clearing the scene hanging.
    Opening a file will just hang and they are not complicated scenes either, just Genesis and the fibermesh I am creating.

It happens more frequently after I have updated a base mesh a few times.

I found once, leaving the scene to open..after about 30mins it worked. ( I was desperately trying salvage work ) 

Right now, I have been waiting 10 mins for a scene just to close and clear.....

well I never really found an answer other than save without the hair and load a new instance of the hair  and autofit it

not much help if you are actually rigging a hair crying

• No probs and thanks

I've just started saving the scenes/major steps incrementally....at least if happens I won't lose too much work.