Old school VCR (WIP)

deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 300
edited September 2015 in Art Studio

I wanted to find an old school VCR prop for an image I'm working on, but none of the 'off the shelf' options made the grade, or weren't available for purchase or download (like this one at DeviantArt). So I made one entirely out of primitives, and here's the progress so far. The model and textures have been recreated from a JVC HR-7100U, which I chose for its very colourful button interface.

JVC VCR WIP.jpg
768 x 512 - 100K
Post edited by deepred6502 on

Comments

• deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 300
    edited September 2015

OK, it's just about complete, so time to tease some more pics...

Front

back

JVC VCR front.jpg
    768 x 512 - 116K
    JVC VCR tape.jpg
    768 x 512 - 182K
    JVC VCR back.jpg
    768 x 512 - 120K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

very nice work yes

• deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 300
    edited September 2015

I'm just about to put it to public release, and there's one more thing I need to know: is it possible to permanently hide and lock Translate/Scale/Morph attributes? I've used commercially available custom primitives, and in order to respect the creator's intellectual property, I'd like to make them impossible to reverse engineer. I could export as OBJ, but it forgets all the textures and movement morph targets.

• Controls can be hidden, but Show Hidden Parameters will bring them back. As long as the item has sensible surface names (if not you can edit with the Geometry Edit tool) it should be possible to reapply materials after exporting/importing; morphs too should be restorable by exporting the morphed shapes as OBJ and then batch loading with Morph Loader Pro.

• It's finally done, you can get it from the Freebies section.