Free 1940's style sailor hat, dress and jacket for G8F

perlkperlk Posts: 840
edited March 2023 in Freebies

At Deviant Art and soon at Renderosity. I modeled this in Hexagon and its yours for free.

https://www.deviantart.com/perlk/art/Vintage-sailor-dress-and-jacket-for-G8F-954747106

And now there's a hat to match! https://www.deviantart.com/perlk/art/Free-vintage-sailor-hat-for-G8F-954842583

40s-sailor-dress-promo.png
900 x 1050 - 1M
40s-sailor-hat-promo.png
900 x 1050 - 1M
Post edited by perlk on

Comments

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 954

Welcome back, perlk! smiley You are coming back with style! This looks like a very nice outfit. Thank you! yesheart

• That is really nice. Thank you. Regards, Richard.
  • perlkperlk Posts: 840

Thank you both. Good to be back. :-)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited March 2023

nicely done

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209

That looks great Perlk, thanks for this.

The outfit kept exploding in simulation no matter what I would do but it works nicely for this pose. Here is my "thank you" render, perlk. smiley

Vintage cruise.png
    718 x 1104 - 3M
  • Matt_BrownMatt_Brown Posts: 172

Thank you. I think I have a scene waiting for this outfit.

edited March 2023

AOBB said:

The outfit kept exploding in simulation no matter what I would do but it works nicely for this pose. Here is my "thank you" render, perlk. smiley

So gorgeous! So, for explosions, this is what I do. I set my figure in frame 0 in the zero pose, then in frame 30 set the desired pose. Attached are the settings I used for the render. 

You might also have to add a dforce modifier weight node where the collision happens to try to avoid it. I've had to do that with some dforce cloth. Also adding a subd helps to smooth out bumps where there might be a collision.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 084825.png
    693 x 1010 - 201K
    Post edited by perlk on
    edited March 2023

Here's a quick render using a more awkward pose with the settings above.

40s-sailor-dress2.png
    900 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by perlk on
    edited March 2023

Here's another non-standing pose using the 30 frame simulation settings:

40s-sailor-dress3.png
    900 x 900 - 998K
    Post edited by perlk on

Thank you, perlk! I used your settings and added a smoothing modifier to the outfit and voila:

yeskiss

Vintage Voyage Sim.png
    790 x 1104 - 1M

Excellent! Explosions are the bane of my Daz modeling experience :-)

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,586

These are very nice clothes. Thank you very much.

You're welcome!

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 885
    edited March 2023

Very nice, thanks! Couldn't resist throwing together a quick render.

Sailor.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 747K
    Post edited by ioonrxoon on

Oh, that's so cute, @ioonrxoon !!!

• Here is mine in the 20's street set. No 1940's yet.  Thank you.

And i dont have dforce yet.

Annnnnnd could someone show me how i can get larger images in here and not the almost thumbnails i always get. Small grrr.

2023-03-27_18h48_14.png
    663 x 935 - 2M

montrealfilmguy - explanation on how to get a large image into the post:

When you've written a new post and attached an image to it but haven't posted it yet, right-click on the attached image file and choose "Open image in new tab". A new tab will show up in your browser with the thumbnail of the image you want to post. Next, in this new window's address line, delete from the url line the part that says "thumbnails/". Highlight and copy this modified url address to clipboard (ctrl+c for windows or right-click and pick the "Copy" option).

Now return to your not-posted-yet post. Click in the post window in the spot where you want your image to appear.  Check out the upper line of icons underneath the "Leave a Comment" header. You will find one that when your cursor touches it, it will show the tag "image". Click on this icon. You will open now a pop-up window called "Image Properties". Now paste your modified address line from the clipboard (ctrl+v for windows or right click and choose "Paste") into the "URL" window at the top of the pop-up window BOTH under the "Image info" and "Link" tabs. Set the width and Height dimensions of how large you want your image to be displayed (it is customary that the image size should not exceed 800 pixels in height) and then finish it all off by pressing at the bottom of the pop-up window the "OK" button. Now you should have your large image inside your text, ready to be posted.

I'm not great at explaining but I hope this will help you.

Good luck!

AOBB

@montrealfilmguy - this is so cute. I love it. Where did you get the street set? I need to have this.

• Matt_BrownMatt_Brown Posts: 172
    edited March 2023

Thank you Perlk for donating this fine asset!

I used it with Carole a Genesis 8.1 figure. She is having her picture taken while standing on the sea front promenade with the ship that she is due to criuse on in the background. I ran it as bot a day and a night scene.

I hope that you like them.

Matt

Carole Sailor dress 04.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 649K
    Carole Sailor dress 03.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 744K
    Post edited by Matt_Brown on

These are great, @Matt_Brown ! I love it. I especially like the night version. She looks so classy!!!

• ColemanRughColemanRugh Posts: 511

Beautiful work! Thanks so much!