Is there a daz-friendly armadillo?

Comments

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,098

Most DIgital Creations has a prop version of one. https://www.most-digital-creations.com/armadillo.htm

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

I'm sure glad I got the CS Armadillo and CS Platypus while they were still in the store.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited March 2023

I was hoping someone would tell me I missed an Allesandro critter since I already have his animals. I wonder how hard it would be to turn one of his into an armadillo that could pass at a distance?

Like remove the fur from the skunk, apply a reptilian shader, parent on some turtle shells or something to mimic armor ...

Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • WillowRaven said:

I have a Tatubola in the making (3-banded armadillo in the making), the one that rolls into a ball when spooked. But as you can see it still needs lot of work, probably another month or two. Cheers.

tatubola.jpg
    2514 x 2545 - 2M
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited March 2023

I knew an anteater who worked with Blender, but I stopped talking to him because he was always borrowing tools and never giving them back... he was the only animal of the superorder Xenarthra that was into 3D, so he was only distantly related to armadillos...

I know a raccoon who tried DAZ, I wouldn't say he was "friendly" to it, but he liked it a bit... he was a mess though, after he went into rehab he moved to New Jersey and got a job with one of those food delivery gigs like GrubDash of DoorHub... and don't get me started on Spencer the capybara who was into NFTs... such an obnoxious rodent, but I have no idea what software he used either.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh... I see... Oops... I should have read the question first, instead of just the title inquiry... My bad.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

WillowRaven said:

I have a Tatubola in the making (3-banded armadillo in the making), the one that rolls into a ball when spooked. But as you can see it still needs lot of work, probably another month or two. Cheers.

Looking forward to this :)

(Anybody (probably need to be British) remember the Dime-Bar ad: "Crunchy on the outside, smooth on the inside...Armadillo!" "Dime bar - smooth on the outside, crunchy on the inside. The surprising alternative to Armadillo!"?)

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 631

WillowRaven said:

Un pangolino, giusto? Adorabile!

In effetti, avrei bisogno anch'io di un armadillo...

Naturalmente, da far giocare col gatto cheeky

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

WillowRaven said:

Interesting that you chose this one when the nine-banded long-nosed armadillo is more common and widespread and would probably have a greater appeal to users.. Looks good though. I see these critters all the time here in TX, what a nusiance they are digging up your yard.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

WillowRaven said:

This makes me so happy :) Do you plan to later do the 9-banded one, too?

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,066
    edited March 2023

Someone simply must model an 'Armoured & Dangerous Illo'

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Silent Winter said:

(Anybody (probably need to be British) remember the Dime-Bar ad: "Crunchy on the outside, smooth on the inside...Armadillo!" "Dime bar - smooth on the outside, crunchy on the inside. The surprising alternative to Armadillo!"?)

I do! Classic Harry Enfield :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Happy something closely similar to a NA armadillo is coming. They have been expanding their range in the US.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

I have a Daz Carrara friendly armadillo who likes to race the Runtime wink