G8Figure Surface Broken re-install doesn't fix HelpPlz

shawn_2093844fdbshawn_2093844fdb Posts: 4
edited March 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion

I keep my content in separate categorized libraries thinking if I break something I'll only affect that content, however I somehow broke Gertha and some other G8F characters as well.  Note* Gertha worked fine for the first day, I even exported subscenes with her associated files to keep my content size down and those are now bad after the fact. Re-installing DAZ and the G8 essentials fixed G8 and the other characters but when I apply a fresh install of Gertha the surface is broken. Attached is a side-by-side of the settings.  G8F on the left, Gertha Applied in the middle, on the right is Gertha after copying G8F surface in an attempt to fix. I can get most of Gertha skin usable with the copy-paste-surface but I still run into this issue with parts of here that the surface is still broken (pic2) such as between the forehead and hair. I'm on a fresh daz install (deleted all the associated files after uninstall, updated geforce drivers, the log has nothing that stands out that wasn't dismissed in the multitude of other posts I researched. Any gurus with some insight?

imageimage

Face Surface Compared.png
3M
hairline color.png
Post edited by shawn_2093844fdb on

Comments

• Gertha is a Genesis 8.1 character, so she may well use the genesis 8.1 Female UVs and the PBRSkin shader, while Gensis 8 Female does not have the 8.1 UVs and does not use the PBRSkin shader for the base materials, so copy/paste of settings will not give an exact match.

• shawn_2093844fdbshawn_2093844fdb Posts: 4
    edited March 2023

So Gertha is listed as 8 and 8.1, but i've tried with both and the issue persists.

Oh s*jt I can't believe I missed that. Some of the other characters that got corrupted last night had the choice between 8 and 8.1 and I was troubleshooting them all on the G8 model but after reinstalling and resolving those I kept missing that gertha was 8.1 which explains why it's the last character that wouldn't get fixed. Any idea how I could have corrupted the base Genesis 8 by dropping a couple new clothing items in a separate content library and I may have added another character or two but again all of which is in a separate content library from the essentials and the base Genesis models?

• shawn_2093844fdbshawn_2093844fdb Posts: 4
    edited March 2023

I'm not sure if this information helps at all but after my clean install, (uninstalling, deleting MyDocs../DAZ 3D, deleting C:\DAZ 3D, deleting the ProgRa and x86 DAZ folders, after a clean install my layout and toolbars are still customized. Also notable but I'm not 100% sure, I feel like G8F and G8.1F default characters are showing up with a deeper red hue than they did before last night. Last bit of insight, before my re-install I was getting a couldn't find DTHDR-RuinsB-500.hdr which I read is an iray setting file but that's been resolved with the install.

[INFO] - IMAGE:IO ::   1.0   IMAGE  io   info : Loading image "G:\DAZ 3D _ESSENTIALS\resources\DTHDR-RuinsB-500.hdr", no selector, pixel type "Rgb_fp", 512x256x1 pixels, 1 miplevel.

• Layouts are kept in the Appdata folder, soem settings in the Registry (or Mac equivalents).