Pot of Gold

I bought this item:

https://www.daz3d.com/leprechaun-pot-of-gold-bundle

But it does not include the pot of gold displayed in the promo images. Does anyone know where I can find this Pot of Gold?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,600
    edited March 2023

Looks like it's the St Patrick's Day Props. Seems strange that this product is not part of that bundle.

EDIT: I guess I missed the opportunity to say "at the end of the rainbow" instead of the actual answer :(

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited March 2023

I don't own it but that's crazy

it even has pot of gold poses FFS

someone couldn't be bothered lathing a pot in Carrara, Hexagon or Blender a 10 second modelling job and  creating some small cylinders for coins?

(using bullet physics to drop them in the pot not even hard)

if I get off my iPad and onto my computer I will whip one up for you if someone else doesn't beat me to it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • digitelldigitell Posts: 558

Hi guys. Yea I thought it would be included. My bad! Never assume...

Thank you WendyLuvsCatz for the offer to make one. I dont have a clue how to use Blender, Carrara or Hexagon. 

Very sweet of you! :) I would be willing to pay you for it because I know it must be time consuming.

Many thanks!

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

There is also a pot of gold in this set: https://www.daz3d.com/charmed, but that is really old, and the one referenced above looks better.

I agree with everyone else that it is ridiculous that a bundle called pot of gold should be missing the prop, despite it appearing in many of the promos.

edited March 2023

it's coming, meanwhile watch video 

will be obj files and no problems other might want it too

I do everything for free

Capture.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 128K

Oh Wow Wendy. You created this so quickly! Many Many thanks and gratitudes for taking this on! Bravo! :)

Yes, I do have the charmed pot of gold, but the coins are black in Iray renders and the pot does not look nearly as good as the one in the promo.

I was just wondering where the promo pot was..probably the St. Patricks props. 

Thank  you for your responses!

edited March 2023

import default DAZ studio size

3 objects, pot, coin, scattered coins

untextured but UV mapped

link in case forum doesn't display

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/7b/7dc72f4a825284491f92339e38b646.zip

Mec4D iray shader gold on coins 

Jenny Greenless pearlish on pot

Capture.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 134K
    zip
    zip
    pot of gold.zip
    coin UV.jpg
    512 x 512 - 17K
    pot UV.jpg
    512 x 512 - 53K
    Pot of Gold.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

That was really fast! Thank you very much Wendy!! Very gratful :)

that's OK I like playing with physics especially cheeky

will package it up better and put on ShareCG too for everyone

You are so very kind Wendy :)

digitell said:

heart no problems

shareCG link 
    https://sharecg.com/v/100057/view/5/3D-Model/Pot-of-Gold 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,509
    edited March 2023

digitell said:

+1

And @SofaCitizen was right

I recognized the prop and searched my stash. Too bad the PA did not list what was used.

xxxstpats.JPG
    1307 x 1215 - 253K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on

Thank you ArtAngel :)

digitell said:

Oh Wow Wendy. You created this so quickly! Many Many thanks and gratitudes for taking this on! Bravo! :)

Yes, I do have the charmed pot of gold, but the coins are black in Iray renders and the pot does not look nearly as good as the one in the promo.

The charmed Pot Of Gold is a poser prop, so will not look good in Iray out of the box. However if you put an Iray gold shader on the coins, and put the LC_CoinsD.jpg map into the bump it looks somewhat better.

digitell said:

The charmed Pot Of Gold is a poser prop, so will not look good in Iray out of the box. However if you put an Iray gold shader on the coins, and put the LC_CoinsD.jpg map into the bump it looks somewhat better.

digitell said:

edited March 2023

digitell said:

Pot of Gold.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 612K
    Post edited by Havos on

digitell said:

PotofGold.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 612K

digitell said:

Sorry for the multiple posts, lots of cloudflare errors trying to post that one post.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,137
    edited March 2023

Wow, very kind of you @WendyLuvsCatz!

Do you use carrara for all your modeling projects and is it good for creating texture maps?

EDIT: Mean UV mapping. Stupid memory...

Post edited by mding on

mding said:

Wow, very kind of you @WendyLuvsCatz!

Do you use carrara for all your modeling projects and is it good for creating texture maps?

EDIT: Mean UV mapping. Stupid memory...

mostly, I dabble with Zbrush a bit too

and basic UV mapping OK in it, if the model not too highpoly

it freezes up on larger meshes, I mostly use Ultimate Unwrap 3D along with Carrara

this simple mesh was easy to do in just Carrara 

• mdingmding Posts: 1,137

Many thanks, @WendyLuvsCatz!

I made a texture for the coins. It isnt great...but it is somewhat better than just a shader. 

coind.jpg
    512 x 512 - 474K

digitell said:

I made a texture for the coins. It isnt great...but it is somewhat better than just a shader. 

vety cool, I thought of doing something but honestly couldn't think whose head I would put on a coin, a shamrack is very logical  

Thank you Wendy! Glad you like it! :)