streamlining the file tree

ive been using daz studio since 05 and for the most part never had an issue but the latest updates have done a number on my file tree i use both daz and poser content in daz studio .

is there anyway to fix the file system so it puts everywhere in a single spot

Comments

• What do you mean? The imported Poser content (and other imprted content) are separate in the ... Formats containers but can be mixed in Categories and - if they come with metadata or you add it - Products.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,730
    edited March 2023

Maybe this:

ds_content_library_tree.png
    919 x 330 - 54K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • Taoz said:

Maybe this:

yep but my assets are all over the place

• You can put the assets in any folder you like.  Just don't mess with the /runtime or /data folders.  The .duf files and their icons (.duf.png and .tip.png) you can move into your own folder structure, within that same base folder.  I create my own folder structure and even make my own icons in Inkscape for them.

• Pickle Renderer said:

You can put the assets in any folder you like.  Just don't mess with the /runtime or /data folders.  The .duf files and their icons (.duf.png and .tip.png) you can move into your own folder structure, within that same base folder.  I create my own folder structure and even make my own icons in Inkscape for them.

Just bear in mind that moving files using anything other than DS will break any metadata.

• As another suggestion, Link(DJL) files.

It's time consuming to go through each directory, but you can put all the poser formats DS recognizes into the Daz studio formats directories.

Right click on a selected asset(s) in the asset view pane and select "Create Link for Asset". You'll get a pop up window for the directory you want the file to go in.

Note that it will default to the highest directory you have in CDM(content directory manager), which will put them in the same folder that the originals reside in.

I created a separate directory, called 'links'(original, i know), and put that at the top of the other directories. In CDM, select the directory and then click 'To top', under the Move section, on the left buttons menu.

The advantage of links over CSM, you're not dependent on a database file, and you can move them where ever you want in the Studio formats folders.

Just don't move them inside DS, as that creates a copy of the original file, not a copy of the link file.

• I am merely the purveyor of links.