OOT HDR 360° Environments Space for DAZ Studio Iray

Anyone bought this?  There is no starter thread from OutOfTouch for this so not sure if these are only lights and HDR's or if the morphed ground plane is included... Been looking for a click and go night time solution, looks like this MAY be a solution...

http://www.daz3d.com/oot-hdr-360-environments-space-for-daz-studio-iray

Comments

• Didn't install it yet, but as far as I can see there are Camera Presets, Render Settings, and 'HDRIspace' .hdr textures in the zip file.

So no geometry apparently.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

Ah, OK!  If you do a render using some of the more earth like settings please post.  Not sure if I'm going to get this just yet.  Thanks Erik!

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,277

I purchased the product... it is camera's and HDR's...  I'm very happy with it.

soldier.jpg
    1638 x 1244 - 449K

Cool.  cool

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300
    nemesis10 said:

I purchased the product... it is camera's and HDR's...  I'm very happy with it.

The character isn't casting shadows, but there are shadows on the terrain. Surely something isn't set right here. There's a bright light source behind the character, so there should be shadows toward the camera from the character. It's possible you need to adjust the dome parameters so that the Iray ground catcher will receive the shadows. 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,277

It was a very quick render so I didn't do too much about optimizing it...

• erik leemanerik leeman Posts: 262
    edited September 2015

Here's a quick test (in Octane for DAZ Studio) using an old scene with OOT_HDRISpace04.

Octane couldn't find some of the texture and bump maps I used before, but that had nothing to do with the IBL/skydome switch.

So yeah, useable, but not too sure if I'm going to use them often.

OOT_nightsky_01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 417K
    Post edited by erik leeman on

Looks fabulous.  Thanks for posting that image  laugh

• EveniosEvenios Posts: 119
    edited September 2015

if you rotate it just right you can kinda use it as moonlight/night scenes as well.

I really wish there were some that did not have the "ground" i.e. the planet surface OR. what would be nice if he did some more that had far away planets or osmething like the daz blue earth set but as a hdri image. thatd be great.

but i picked it up and like it so far :-). a nice varity of images and lighting setups indeed.

if you look closer there are shadows being cast (he may have had the ground "plane off too btw) :-).

nightinchinatown.jpg
    1280 x 544 - 511K
    Post edited by Evenios on

WOW.. That's an awesome render.  Love the way the light plays on the edges of the buildings!  NICE!

• It looks great. sadly as much as I like scifi I'm not buying Iray stuff until I Upgrade my hardware. So 3delight only for me