Iray and Stonemason's Winter Terrains Not working

Heyas!

I was wondering if any one else had tried using Iray renders with Stonemason's Winter Terrains ? They turn into ice glaciers for me, with no rock at all. I am trying to fiddle around with settings and shaders and so far I'm not having any luck. Any one have any suggestions of what I should try?

Comments

• They use, as I recall, Shader Mixer shaders - those won't convert directly to iray I'm afraid.

• Bummer Richard, Is there a way to indirectly do it? ;)

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Maybe you could create a primitive plane, apply the shader, then render the plane so it takes the entire viewport. Then instead of a shader, you can use your image as a texture?

just a wild guess, no idea if it will work or not.

• EveniosEvenios Posts: 119
    edited September 2015

good to know there is an issue as i was tempted to get this set maybe ill wait :-p.  we need some more cool terrians for daz3d studio though.

Post edited by Evenios on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I don't think the Winter Terrains is all procedural (meaning that there are images used in them) so it should be possible to make Iray equivalent ones in Shader Mixer...even if they are 100% procedural, it may still be possible to recreate the effect using Iray specific bricks.

The big problem are the different ways the two renderers handle displacement. 

• Evenios said:

good to know there is an issue as i was tempted to get this set maybe ill wait :-p.  we need some more cool terrians for daz3d studio though.

Yeah ones that are good for Iray. I got the On the Beach which is new, and it doesn't like Iray much either. Quite disapointed. ;(

• To sad, there isn't an Iray upgrade for Winter Terrains.