Why has nearly every character for g3f red eyebrows?

Why has nearly every character made for g3f red eyebrows even Amisi has? Red eyebros fit to nothing else than red haircolor, how many people on the world have red hair?

Comments

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited September 2015

An option to change eyebrow color, that would be cool. V4.2 has had something like that.

Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

And they are all suntanned.

I was really happy when I saw http://www.daz3d.com/greta-for-genesis-2-female-s then realised it was G2F not three.

I agree an eyebrow option would be great.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

That's probably due to the irray-material settungs. If you add subsurface colors and other stuff, you will have to create a mask for the eyebrows so they are excluded, or they will take on whatever hue of color you give to the skin.

• lee_lhs said:

That's probably due to the irray-material settungs. If you add subsurface colors and other stuff, you will have to create a mask for the eyebrows so they are excluded, or they will take on whatever hue of color you give to the skin.

This is the thing. Adjust your SSS, a lot of times it's way too strong to try to show off the feature and it will effect the eyebrows. 

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited August 2017

-

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201

Maybe most of them use the same texture ressource.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

It's probably translucence.

I usually mask out eyebrows for G2 figures because otherwise the eyebrows look pink and weird. (use an image editor to make essentially a black white texture with black eyebrows showing, from either the specular or bump map, put this in the Translucency Weight channel)

• I remember reading , I think it was in Nat Geo Mag, that Red heads  are becoming extinct. Maybe they're trying to get 'em back wink

it is true the story about the true red hair disappearing, there is less and less Natural red hair these days

Not the article I was thinking, but I did find this National Geographic says red-heads set for extinction

I know a bit off topic and cheap attempt at be humorous, and a dash of trivial

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015

no red heads are not going anywhere. recessive genes, yes. but not going anywhere.

The article you even referenced had a link to wikipedia which reads this

Extinction hoax

See also: Disappearing blonde gene

A 2007 report in The Courier-Mail, which cited the National Geographic magazine and unnamed "geneticists", said that red hair is likely to die out in the near future.[33] Other blogs and news sources ran similar stories that attributed the research to the magazine or the "Oxford Hair Foundation". However, a HowStuffWorks article says that the foundation was funded by hair-dye maker Procter & Gamble, and that other experts had dismissed the research as either lacking in evidence or simply bogus. The National Geographicarticle in fact states "while redheads may decline, the potential for red isn't going away".[34]

Red hair is caused by a relatively rare recessive gene, the expression of which can skip generations. It is not likely to disappear at any time in the foreseeable future.[34]

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

no red heads are not going anywhere. recessive genes, yes. but not going anywhere.

The article you even referenced had a link to wikipedia which reads this

Extinction hoax

See also: Disappearing blonde gene

A 2007 report in The Courier-Mail, which cited the National Geographic magazine and unnamed "geneticists", said that red hair is likely to die out in the near future.[33] Other blogs and news sources ran similar stories that attributed the research to the magazine or the "Oxford Hair Foundation". However, a HowStuffWorks article says that the foundation was funded by hair-dye maker Procter & Gamble, and that other experts had dismissed the research as either lacking in evidence or simply bogus. The National Geographicarticle in fact states "while redheads may decline, the potential for red isn't going away".[34]

Red hair is caused by a relatively rare recessive gene, the expression of which can skip generations. It is not likely to disappear at any time in the foreseeable future.[34]

Well my red hair disappeared.   Well actually not so much disappeared as changed colour, all by itself.

• Yeah, the exact same urban legend exists for blonde hair.  Snopes covered that one. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Let's put it this way...I won't be betting on any predicitions from Nat Geo coming true any time soon.

But back to the original problem...

Between the velvet and SSS (like larsmidnatt said), subtle effects aren't so subtle and are doing things they shouldn't.