New Windows 11 PC - Want to reinstall the App

I tried to download DAZ Studio program but it gave me the installer rather than the program. All my assets are listed as "OPEN" but the app itself (DAZ Studio) will not load.

I used migration software, but it did not include my apps themselves. How do I clear out the apparent reference to non-existent installed apps?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,694

The best way to install Daz Studio is via either Daz Central or Daz Install Manager (DIM) - pick one of those and then use it exclusively (don't login via Daz Studio itself). Never tried to install JUST Daz Studio itself and I am not sure how that would work without the CMS too.

• kevphil said:

I tried to download DAZ Studio program but it gave me the installer rather than the program. All my assets are listed as "OPEN" but the app itself (DAZ Studio) will not load.

I used migration software, but it did not include my apps themselves. How do I clear out the apparent reference to non-existent installed apps?

You can download the program from your Product Library, select the appropriate .exe file.

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176

Some use DIM to install everything, others use Daz Centrale. AFAIK not a good idea to try using both. Perfectly okay to install most products manually. If installing lots, I'd use DIM. Just be very certain of all the addresses it is going to install the products too.

I don't use migration software so can't help you about that.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,115
    edited February 2023

SofaCitizen said:

The best way to install Daz Studio is via either Daz Central or Daz Install Manager (DIM) - pick one of those and then use it exclusively (don't login via Daz Studio itself). Never tried to install JUST Daz Studio itself and I am not sure how that would work without the CMS too.

I manually install D/S all the time. The installer also installs the CMS. It's everything else that one needs to also install unless using DIM or Daz Central. [i.e. all the starter sets, dForce essentials, etc.]

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on