Unable to render...... no rendering engine available

tnt_flatnt_fla Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

This is the error message in Daz Studio 4.5 .Just downloaded the demo today. Any solutions?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What Operating System are you using, and what did you install? Did you buy the 4.4.0.114 veersion of DS4P through the store here for $0.0? By the way, it is not a demo, it is the full version of the software.

More information is needed to help you, I have never seen taht error before, but it looks like the program did not install properly. Are you running the program as Admin?

• tnt_flatnt_fla Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Am running Vista and yes I got the 4.4.0.114 version of DS4P through the store here for $0.0? This is full version, not crippled in anyway, wasn't sure. So, then definitely didn't install properly. Might try again at some point. Thanks.

• edited December 1969

Is the 3Delight plugin working?

Go to Help>About Installed Plugins and see if the highlighted item is present.
    Screen shots are Mac but it should be the same for Windows.

If the plugin is installed and working it could be your account rights or possibly you're running out of RAM to call up 3Delight and it's showing you an inaccurate internal error description.

Screen_shot_2012-08-23_at_7.51_.07_AM_.png
    540 x 768 - 86K
    edited December 1969

screen.jpg
    727 x 859 - 65K
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2012

Jimmy C mentioned installing as an Admin, I don't know why the 3Delight plugin would not install, but running with an Admin account if your current account is not one might make a difference. Was this a clean install and if so what version of the software did you install? If your doing a clean install of DS 4.5 that could possibly be the issue.
    The default location for that 3Delight plug-in should be C:\Program Files\Daz3d\Studio 4\Plug-ins or something like that, I'm on a mac so not sure, but if you don't see it in that folder you don't have a rendering engine and you might want to try to reinstall with an administrator account if one is available to you.

[I am PowerKlown btw, I don't know why my profile keeps switching!]

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

[I am PowerKlown btw, I don't know why my profile keeps switching!]
    Off topic.. Did you have Richard change your profile for you? If not I would get in touch with him. One of the two profiles needs to be removed or the software will keep guessing when you log in.
    edited December 1969

Thanks again . It was a clean install as admin. I'll try a reinstall but not sure when I.ll get time. Will post results tho.

• edited December 1969

I found this thread after installing the new Studio 4.5. I have no software renderer available. My machine is older, on xp. I uninstalled the program, tried installing to a different drive, also with the same result.

edited December 1969

I have no idea why it would not install the render engine. The file that it installs goes into the Plugins folder, dzdelightrenderer.dll with the main application, , as StratDragon says.

What is the EXACT name of the installer that you are running? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit? How much RAM does your system have?

• edited December 1969

I just checked, did a search and the dll file is there. --but under render options, there is the preview renderer and hardware/gl only, no 3delight available. My system only has 1.5 gigs of ram

edited December 1969

I take it that you are running the 32 bit version, and 1.5 GB is really at the bare minimum.

If it does not appear in Render Settings menu, then DS is unable to run it I'm afraid. Have you looked in the Task Manager when DS 4.5 is running to see how much RAM is left?

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2012

I'm running Windows 7 and 16 gigs of ram and have the same issue. You said it was because I did a clean install? What do I need to do again?

Sorry, I am dense.

Under C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins I have a plugin titled dzdelightrenderer.dll

Is that the file what do I need to do with it?

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    I'm running Windows 7 and 16 gigs of ram and have the same issue. You said it was because I did a clean install? What do I need to do again?

Sorry, I am dense.

Under C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins I have a plugin titled dzdelightrenderer.dll

Are you using the 32 bit version? If you have 16 GB RAM, then you are surely running a 64 bit system, or what is the point of all that RAM?

'Program File (x86)' in Windows 7 is where the OS keeps it's 32 bit apps, 'Program Files' is where the 64 bit version should be installed to.

Do you have both 32 bit and 64 bit installed? Have you looked in Program Files (without the x86) to see if the the dzdelightrenderer.dll is in there, and lastly, does the 32 bit version work and have the renderer listed in Help > About Installed Plugins?

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Sorry, I am dense.

Are you using the 32 bit version? If you have 16 GB RAM, then you are surely running a 64 bit system, or what is the point of all that RAM?

'Program File (x86)' in Windows 7 is where the OS keeps it's 32 bit apps, 'Program Files' is where the 64 bit version should be installed to.

Do you have both 32 bit and 64 bit installed? Have you looked in Program Files (without the x86) to see if the the dzdelightrenderer.dll is in there, and lastly, does the 32 bit version work and have the renderer listed in Help > About Installed Plugins?

I am running a 64 bit system and I have DAZ Studio 4.5 installed for both 32 & 64 bit in case there was an issue where a plugin would work with one and not the other. (Learned that from Photoshop)

Curiously enough, after finding I had the same dzdelightrenderer.dll file in both plugins folders for the two versions, I decided to check in the 64 bit version and it loads and render FINE in 3Delight.... but when I try to render in 32 bit version, I get this...

runtime-error.jpg
    1821 x 968 - 133K
    edited December 1969

Also I have notived that in boith the directories for 32 and 64 bit, there are two plugins that state they failed and I was wondering if anyone knew what they were for.

One is called FreeImage and Morphtools...

Anyone know exactly what both do?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Also I have notived that in boith the directories for 32 and 64 bit, there are two plugins that state they failed and I was wondering if anyone knew what they were for.

ISRT FreeImage is part of Reality -- it needs to be in the plugin folder even though DS reports it as a failed plugin. Morphtools might be a free plugin from an earlier version -- DeltaX15 maybe?

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

ISRT FreeImage is part of Reality -- it needs to be in the plugin folder even though DS reports it as a failed plugin. Morphtools might be a free plugin from an earlier version -- DeltaX15 maybe?

That's weird. I did a fresh install of 4.5. I guess it is still therein the plugins file in 4.5 OR the file wasn't taken out when I uninstalled DAZ 4a and just mingled with the new ones.

Huh.

edited December 1969

Yes, uninstalling only uninstalls the things that were installed by the DS4 installer -- any plugins are left.

edited September 2012

Yes, uninstalling only uninstalls the things that were installed by the DS4 installer -- any plugins are left.

Gotcha... do I really need it? I mean, does it do anything for me or should I just not mess with it?

Also, would you know anything about why 32-bit render in 3Delight is causing that runtime error from the earlier post with pic I made?

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

No idea what's going on with the render engine, I'm afraid. Are the 32-bit and 64-bit .dll's identical? I would assume they shouldn't be, but other than that I have no clue.

edited December 1969

Okay, weirdness time.

I had problems with the very first scene I rendered so I went back to basics.

I made a sphere in 32-bit and rendered and it worked fine.

Hmmm...

so I then uploaded a Genesis without anything on it and rendered it.... and IT worked fine.

Huh.

Uploaded scene again and rendered...CRASH!

So I have a question.

If I want to go into the scene and just make certain things invisible, aren't invisible items not even considered by the renderer so that would be an easy way to find the culprit OR will i have to actually remove the items in question from the file to find what is going on?

At least I know now it is not all of 32 bit on my machine but something not kosher in the scene.

• ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

i have this problem with it saying no rendering engine available.

I'm Ruing win XP 32 with 3 gig of ram.

is there a solution for this yet?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Have you tried reinstalling?

• ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

Not yet I'll give that a go and see what happens.

• Jray196Jray196 Posts: 2
    edited January 2013

Have you tried going to "Render Settings", selecting the "Advanced" tab, clicking the "Render Engine" drop down near the bottom, and selecting "Hardware Assisted Render"? It works for me, Even with my old Dell Optiplex GX200 from 2001 with 512MB of ram and no video hardware but the onboard chipset.

Post edited by Jray196 on
    edited December 1969

Jray196 said:
    Have you tried going to "Render Settings", selecting the "Advanced" tab, clicking the "Render Engine" drop down near the bottom, and selecting "Hardware Assisted Render"? It works for me, Even with my old Dell Optiplex GX200 from 2001 with 512MB of ram and no video hardware but the onboard chipset.

What you are using is the OpenGL render, and not the 3Delight render engine, so shaders wont work, or shader based lights like Uber etc. It is the same as using option '3' in the Quality vs Speed section.

• Jray196Jray196 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Well, it's better than an error message.