No extra discount from rev-up

nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

OK, I bought a specified item yesterday; today I am still showing 40%.

Comments

• Yep. That's right. Because it's not about REVVING-UP it's about THROTTLING-BACK. If you don't buy something you lose a point, but buying something doesn't rev you on up past that 40% ceiling!

• nicstt, did you buy something qualifying yesterday as well as today?  The free item only gave a rev point yesterday.

• 1 REV-UP = 46% Discount
    • 2 REV-UP = 52% Discount
    • 3 REV-UP = 58% Discount
    • 4 REV-UP = 64% Discount

• 40% is the maximum extra discount.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

nicstt, did you buy something qualifying yesterday as well as today?  The free item only gave a rev point yesterday.

I can't check now what was on revup; I thought it was though. So if I bought an item yesterday, it should show as 46 per cent today?

• Yes, if you bought a qualifying item, when you place next qualifying purchase, the cart should show 46% for what's in the cart.  If you go back and purchase after your second (today's) qualifying item, your next cart items from the sale should show 52%.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

nicstt, did you buy something qualifying yesterday as well as today?  The free item only gave a rev point yesterday.

What do you mean by that? It is supposed to be a three day qualifying item, according to what you told me yesterday. I must be misunderstanding what you are saying? 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083
    nicstt said:

It seem so SHOW 40%, but when you add it to the cart, the extra discount is applied towards the final price.

• Novica said:

What do you mean by that? It is supposed to be a three day qualifying item, according to what you told me yesterday. I must be misunderstanding what you are saying? 

We had a clarification on the free item.  The hard thing about having multiple threads on similar topics is keeping up with what was discussed in those various threads.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/896073/#Comment_896073

• Ati2 said:
    nicstt said:

It seem so SHOW 40%, but when you add it to the cart, the extra discount is applied towards the final price.

Correct, the discounts should show in the cart.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Cris, I posted in the other thread (totally agree about multiple threads, a nightmare for you mods!) 

I don't get this. The sale says: "increasing discount in increments of 10% up to a maximum of 40% OFF of all Premier Artist Festival items (which is on top of the normal 40% of the sale!)" - how can that be read as anything other than increasing the 40% to 50%, 60%, 70%, then 80%? It's not incrementing the 40 by increments of 10, so it's not "on top" of anything. Apparently it's supposed to be calculated separately, based on the reduced 40% off price? That is not clear from the description at all.

If the Rev-Ups are supposed to give an increasing discount in increments of 6% up to a maximum of 24% (on top of the 40% from the sale), that's still a very good discount and it just should say that. I mean, that's accurate to what is happening in my cart, but that's not what it says in any description of the sale, so it's been frustrating to wait for Rev-Ups to apply thinking that the cart is just not registering them yet.

Considering that my "Get your Rev-Ups on!" notification has still said for days that I have 2, when the meter on the sale page (correctly) says I have 4, it's been reasonable for me to think the site was just not registering the full discount - that is, since I have 4 Rev-Ups but I'm only getting around a 20% additional discount (or as it turns out 24%).

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,066
    kamiomi said:

I don't get this. The sale says: "increasing discount in increments of 10% up to a maximum of 40% OFF of all Premier Artist Festival items (which is on top of the normal 40% of the sale!)" - how can that be read as anything other than increasing the 40% to 50%, 60%, 70%, then 80%? It's not incrementing the 40 by increments of 10, so it's not "on top" of anything. Apparently it's supposed to be calculated separately, based on the reduced 40% off price? That is not clear from the description at all.

Discounts multiply, they don't add. When you have "10% off on top of the 40% initial discount" you do indeed take the additionnal 10% from what is left after the initial discount has been applied.

• kamiomi said:
    Considering that my "Get your Rev-Ups on!" notification has still said for days that I have 2, when the meter on the sale page (correctly) says I have 4,

Do you mean the notification on the Messages page? That's exactly what it says, a notification of what was happening when it was issued days ago — it's a plain text message to you, it doesn't get updated like the meter does.