Daz HDRIs to Blender?

Daz uses .duf files while Blender uses .exr.

Is it possible to use .duf or change them into .exr files so I can use the same hdris in Blender?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,646

Blender uses both EXR and HDRI, and if I remember right is the same for Daz Studio.

Duf is the content packeging format that is used in Daz Studio, but the actual files are HDRI.

If you look in the Render Settings > Environment map, you will see the HDRI, and they are stored in Runtime/Textures/... If you click and the environment map you can select browse and come to the location where the maps are. If you look in the file list for a product you can also see where they are.

You can change format in some image editting programs like Photoshop, and maybe also Gimp.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,727

If you are a Daz + blender user, strongly recommend Diffeomorphi Daz Importer to export Daz scene to blender.  HDRI file can be automatically set no matter it's .hdr or .exr.

SNAG-2023-2-12-0063.png
    1920 x 1050 - 2M
  • felis said:

Blender uses both EXR and HDRI, and if I remember right is the same for Daz Studio.

Duf is the content packeging format that is used in Daz Studio, but the actual files are HDRI.

Not quite - the .duf file is settings, specifying which maps to use (along with other asset links and settings).

If you look in the Render Settings > Environment map, you will see the HDRI, and they are stored in Runtime/Textures/... If you click and the environment map you can select browse and come to the location where the maps are. If you look in the file list for a product you can also see where they are.

You can change format in some image editting programs like Photoshop, and maybe also Gimp.