Prison Death Chamber {commercial - PA SALE!}

Presenting.......
A beautifully detailed Prison Execution chamber. Complete with main viewing area, family viewing area, control room and two corridors enabling you to do 'kit bashing' if you so desire. The doors are all rigged to open and close, and 3Delight and Iray materials are included throughout. Full Poser support is supplied (not DSON).

http://www.daz3d.com/prison-death-chamber

Enjoy! I cannot wait to see your renders....

Anna & David

Comments

• I love this! In fact all your prison series has been outstanding.  They conjour up many films and TV series involving scenes in prison facilities such as Walking Dead, Oz, CSI etc.  If possible I'd love a hospital complex in a similar style. All of these iconic institutions are used time and time again in films and TV series so it's great that we now have such detailed and realistic sets to use in our renders. Somehow you capture the essense of those places much more realistically than I've seen before and in a very appealing way. I think there's scope for add-ons using different materials as well if that's a possibility? I think it's refreshing to have sets that go beyond the usual home environment that seem to make up the majority of 3D environments on sale.

• Superdog said:

I love this! In fact all your prison series has been outstanding.  They conjour up many films and TV series involving scenes in prison facilities such as Walking Dead, Oz, CSI etc.  If possible I'd love a hospital complex in a similar style. All of these iconic institutions are used time and time again in films and TV series so it's great that we now have such detailed and realistic sets to use in our renders. Somehow you capture the essense of those places much more realistically than I've seen before and in a very appealing way. I think there's scope for add-ons using different materials as well if that's a possibility? I think it's refreshing to have sets that go beyond the usual home environment that seem to make up the majority of 3D environments on sale.

Awwww.... Flattery will get you everywhere.... blushwink

What kind of add-ons did you have in mind? 

The Prison Sets have two more sets to go. One will be hitting the store very soon for the PA sale...... and another in a month or two. Then we'll be giving this theme a break and move on to something else. I'm not sure about a hospital theme as Jack Tomalin already has that pretty much covered, so I'm not sure how well another set would sell..... We'll have to see..... 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

It looks really good, but is too (american) or at least not british.

• nicstt said:

Yeah, it's American. I'm not sure us Brits ever did gas people. I think we just favoured hanging and lethal injection. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2015
    nicstt said:

Yeah, it's American. I'm not sure us Brits ever did gas people. I think we just favoured hanging and lethal injection

Only Hanging I think and that was suspended in 1964

The last two people hanged  were unlucky with their timing. Two months after they were executed Labour came to power, bringing a Commons vote to suspend capital punishment for five years in the 1965 Murder Act, a move made permanent in 1969.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Cho you forget hang and quartering, beheading, etc etc,

or do you mean just the last century?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Hanging was suspended... very droll. laugh

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

lol, didn't think of that. I was quoting an article I found, so wasn't my wording.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited September 2015
    nicstt said:

Yeah, it's American. I'm not sure us Brits ever did gas people. I think we just favoured hanging and lethal injection. 

Hanging only iirc; 1954 was the last I think. Kind of hard to unhang someone. (My bad over date) A previous post is correct.

Post edited by nicstt on

1964. Allen and Evans were executed simultaneously at Liverpool and Manchester. Albert Pierrepoint was Britain's best known executioner, and was credited with over 400 hangings between 1941 and 1956 (including Ruth Ellis, the last woman executed in Britain, in 1955). Pierrepoint was a grocer in his "day job", and earned roughly $500 in today's money per execution.

Jack Ketch, back in the 17th century, is probably Britain's most notorious executioner. He was prone to botch beheadings, taking up to 5 swings of the axe. For a long time after, executioners were generally referred as 'Ketch' His name is still used in literature for bad guys, executioners and as a synonym for death and the devil.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Jack Ketch, back in the 17th century, is probably Britain's most notorious executioner. He was prone to botch beheadings, taking up to 5 swings of the axe. For a long time after, executioners were generally referred as 'Ketch' His name is still used in literature for bad guys, executioners and as a synonym for death and the devil.

Ketchup?

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897

This is such a wonderfully done set. I enjoyed working with it, and I can't say enough good things about ForbiddenWhispers and David Brinnen's work. 

(I have poses built for this set, for those interested, but you'll have to hunt me down for them.)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I bought it but haven't rendered it yet. It looks very well done, nice work!

• FeralFey said:

This is such a wonderfully done set. I enjoyed working with it, and I can't say enough good things about ForbiddenWhispers and David Brinnen's work. 

(I have poses built for this set, for those interested, but you'll have to hunt me down for them.)

Thank you Chrys, I really appreciate your kind words. 

Definately contact Chrys about her poses guys, they're fantastic! 

Chrys, what figure(s) are the poses for?

Poses are for Genesis 2 Males and Genesis 2 Females.

• Here's a few shots of the poses included in Chrys' set. There are some for inside the death chamber, but I'm not sure about posting these here.... 

11180619_1011448712220725_4150318103832061118_n.jpg
    738 x 960 - 124K
  • And another

1.jpg
    738 x 960 - 81K
  • Superdog said:

I love this! In fact all your prison series has been outstanding.  They conjour up many films and TV series involving scenes in prison facilities such as Walking Dead, Oz, CSI etc.  If possible I'd love a hospital complex in a similar style. All of these iconic institutions are used time and time again in films and TV series so it's great that we now have such detailed and realistic sets to use in our renders. Somehow you capture the essense of those places much more realistically than I've seen before and in a very appealing way. I think there's scope for add-ons using different materials as well if that's a possibility? I think it's refreshing to have sets that go beyond the usual home environment that seem to make up the majority of 3D environments on sale.

The Prison Sets have two more sets to go. One will be hitting the store very soon for the PA sale...... and another in a month or two. Then we'll be giving this theme a break and move on to something else. I'm not sure about a hospital theme as Jack Tomalin already has that pretty much covered, so I'm not sure how well another set would sell..... We'll have to see..... 

Credit where credit's due. I see what you mean about the hospital but it could do with an revamp alone the lines of your current style. I'll have a think about other sets but perhaps ones that reoccur in TV and film? Courts, hospitals, schools, bars, holiday camps, hotels, museums. Some of these are already available but something with a bit of a twist might sell?

• Superdog said:
    Superdog said:

Credit where credit's due. I see what you mean about the hospital but it could do with an revamp alone the lines of your current style. I'll have a think about other sets but perhaps ones that reoccur in TV and film? Courts, hospitals, schools, bars, holiday camps, hotels, museums. Some of these are already available but something with a bit of a twist might sell?

I don't think a spooky holiday camp has been done, or a courthouse. I'll see what we can come up with. 

Just a heads-up about the poses (sorry to hijack the thread). I'll be uploading them for sale in the next couple of days. Please check my facebook page for details.