Save dForce result as a Puppeteer Preset?

I have done this with figure poses and morph settings but now I'm trying to save a dForce-clothed figure as a preset. So I ran the simulation using the timeline and, in Puppeteer Edit Mode, I created a dot on the last frame. While I can click the dot and restore the pose from that last frame, the clothing simulation does not save.

Again it is so very frustrating not to be able to save a single frame from the timeline as a scene or a scene subset. The Puppeteer workaround was suggested in another thread.

Comments

• only way is to use something like https://www.daz3d.com/dforce2morph

or manually create morphs from simulations using obj exports as unlike Optitex it cannot be baked to keyframes

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

WendyLuvsCatz said:

only way is to use something like https://www.daz3d.com/dforce2morph

or manually create morphs from simulations using obj exports as unlike Optitex it cannot be baked to keyframes

Yes I tried dForce2Morph but I had problems - when I tried to dial-in the morph it created the garment spun around at the hip. I've had that problem often with figures on a timeline but never with clothing.

Anyhow, it is clear that the Puppeteer trick is not going to work for dForce so I am thinking that I will create two identical scenes except one will have the dForce timeline and the other will not. The whole point is that I don't like "spoiling" scenes with dForce animations. I create serial scenes each one based on the last with poses and positions changed as necessary so I don't want to carry a dForce animation timeline through the whole series. Thus I need a "clean" version of the scene.

I normally use "Start from Memorized" for dForce but sometimes (like sitting on a chair) it just isn't possible without the timeline.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,751
    edited February 2023

Ye ~ Puppeteer doesn't work for dForced garments, and dforce2morph doesn't work for the case in which your figure's XYZ value is not zero ~ If so, the only way out is to export the dForced garment to obj, import with Reverse Deformations + Deltas. 

Post edited by crosswind on
  • with Dforce to morph I only pose the bits I want morphed

for instance legs in a sitting position rest zeroed or walking positions rest zeroed including hip

I have to repeat that none of this would be a problem for me if it was a simple matter to select a frame from the timeline and save it as a scene subset (or a scene). I (and others) have been crying out for this for years.

• Pickle RendererPickle Renderer Posts: 209
    edited February 2023

marble said:

I have to repeat that none of this would be a problem for me if it was a simple matter to select a frame from the timeline and save it as a scene subset (or a scene). I (and others) have been crying out for this for years.

With dForce I save a separate .duf file, just the simulation inside it, no other fluff.  Run the sim, hide everything except the simulated item with base res, export as .obj.  Then you can do the usual thing to create a morph.  You know, Morph Loader Pro, save as morph asset, etc. if you want.  That's the basic way I've always understood it to work.  A "save as morph" facility for an item you've already run dForce with would be cool too though.  It would cut some of the workflow out wouldn't it.

Post edited by Pickle Renderer on

Pickle Renderer said:

marble said:

With dForce I save a separate .duf file, just the simulation inside it, no other fluff.  Run the sim, hide everything except the simulated item with base res, export as .obj.  Then you can do the usual thing to create a morph.  You know, Morph Loader Pro, save as morph asset, etc. if you want.  That's the basic way I've always understood it to work.  A "save as morph" facility for an item you've already run dForce with would be cool too though.  It would cut some of the workflow out wouldn't it.

Yes, I should have thought of that because I make clothing morphs all the time and do it that way - export as OBJ and load back into DAZ Studio with Morph Loader Pro. I think I got sidetracked when I bought the dForce2Morph utility and expected it to do the job for me. 

• rto3drto3d Posts: 14
    edited September 2023

Like to draw your attention to the following solution by Shibashake:  How to Save a Single Frame in Daz Studio

https://thinkdrawart.com/how-to-save-a-single-frame-in-daz-studio

This works perfectly .. at least for my requirements

Take care to save as a new file !

Post edited by rto3d on
  • I am actually doing this, saving dforce2morph presets for puppeteer

I don't use recod rather I click the corresponding edit dots for pose and saved matching morph each frame, it zeros the before and afters