What are the system requirements for Daz Studio 4.21(64bit)??

Hello 

lately I was a little frustrated beacuse my PC dosen't want to work with DAZ studio anymore... Sometimes a single character is loading very long (more than 25 minutes...) and Iray render option is still craching...

So maybe it's time to buy a new PC a better processor and maybe two grafic cards ( my PC is more than 3 years old:)).

These are SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS fo r the new updated DS 4.21 -64bit (this is what I found in the web if I'm correct):

My main goal is to buy a computer that is enough for me for about 5-6 years from now (afther that time maybe I will change a few things like: processor or graphics card).

Does anyone of You know's what more factors are very important before I taking a bank loan?? 

Any of Your advices is very valuable to me now:)

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471
    edited February 2023

Those system requirements are a joke, sure one can get DS started on that system (maybe) but one can forget about doing anything with it.

What DS needs is min. 32GB's of RAM, an nvidia RTX GPU with minimum 8GB's of VRAM (12GB's highly recommended), big enough PSU (750W or more) and a storage drive big enough for collecting DAZ content (external 4TB USB drive is a good start)

Other components don't matter enough to be mentioned.

Your 3 year old computer should be good enough if you update it to these specifications.

Slow loading of the figures is usually because of conflicts between installed characters/morphs, anything below 4 minutes is still normal.
    Crashing is often caused by too little RAM and happens when Windows tries to use virtual memory to extend the available memory.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Thank's PerttiA for Your replay:)

You have been very helpful as always:)

And yes about loadinag a chracter:,, anything below 4 minutes is still normal" - but right now it take's more than 20 minutes...  So a new and better parts for my PC are already planned:)

By the way, can You give me a new link to your old post (I've got a problem with G8Females - I get distorted bodies and faces again), the rest of the figures G2&G3 feamles& males are loading without any problems, thank's again, have a nice day:)

When loading a figure takes more than 20minutes, it's because your installed characters/morphs are in conflict. Hardware update is not going to fix that. What does your log say?

My old post, do you mean this one?

To fix any ill-behaving (non-zero default value) morphs, do as follows;

1. Open DS and load "Genesis 8 Basic Female" (to an empty scene)
    2. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials)
    3. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)
    4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)
    5. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

When saving "Modified Assets" DS shows a dialog and asks for confirmation;
    "The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"

• I have a Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Quad Core

12GB Ram

64 Bit Operating System

My is all I have and I have no wait time loading figures. I can render animations in Iray without any crashing.

• It good's for You bdell_53_4baf2b3d9b:)

I've got a: HexaCore Intel Core i5-8400, 3800 MHz (38 x 100) and nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB so in my case, it's definitely not enough to make a good renders...

Yes PerttiA I mean this old post about ill-behaving morphs (I will check this tommorow if it works for me ). Another problem with loading characters into scene - is there an option to create FOLDER for people and subfolder for a few G8Females (about 10-12 figures) to speed up the loading rate? How many chracters I sholud set in one FOLDER and how to do it correct in CONTENY LIBRARY??

Today I tried to load one chracter form MY LIBRARY (there was only 9-figures in folder)and must say it took me much less time than recently (about 8minutes), so I guess it's all depending how much content/charcters we have in one subfolders and maybe I just need to break everything down into small parts (CATEGORIZE them and create MANY SUBFOLDERS)to to achieve the intended goal? 

Am I going in the right direction??

Dividing characters into separate folders is not going to help, especially if talking about the user facing files (files you see in DS).

For example, if DS is loading a G8F figure, it reads everything you have installed in "...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\" in all the content libraries you have. If loading of the character takes too long, it is these files that are in conflict with each others, and the only place that can help in figuring out which files are the culprit, is the DS log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

• Thank's PerttiA for any of your commnets:)

I tried to fix any ill-behaving morphs as You show me on Your old post ( I don't know what's mean:,,part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials" - is there's something I must set/or change in parametres tab during second step?)but the result is still the same (as You can see on the picture below). On the left I load a G3F (EDEN character just in few mintues) with any problem and on the right: as You can see there's  G8F very distorted...

Maybe I forgot about something during all 5-steps but LOG FILE tell's me there's some errors with loading a figure (but I don't know what's mean), a problem with,,TeenJaneM02Head" and I don't know what must I do with it at the end? Delete all ill-behaving characters from my content library or check them one by one??

TEST RENDER 02.2023.jpg
    3193 x 2000 - 2M
    txt
    txt
    log13.02.2023.txt
    4M
    edited February 2023

Do you have the "Genesis 8 Female Head Morphs", which Alt Teen Jane is looking for?
    What about "Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs", which for example Dacey is looking for?

Formula output property not found: Genesis8Female:/data/.../PBMTrapsSize.dsf#PBMTrapsSize?value - in file: /data/.../Dacey/%21sDacey%20Body%20Original.dsf

The above means that, the file "Dacey Body Original.dsf" has a reference to formula in file "PBMTrapsSize.dsf" and either the formula inside the file or the file itself cant be found. The file "PBMTrapsSize.dsf" is part of "Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs"

If you do own the G8F head morphs and body morphs, they are not installed correctly, and/or the nested directories you have are confusing DS

DS is also complaining about not finding Growing Up, Victoria 8, etc... With about 10 thousand complaints for DS not finding what it is looking for, it is no wonder that the loading takes over 20 minutes and the figure looks weird.

How are your Content Directories set up in Content Directory Manager? Show us with all the directories expanded like in the attached sample.

As for your computer, you need more RAM and you need more space on your drives (16-20GB's free is nothing, especially on C-drive)

Ps. Signing off as it's half an hour to midnight over here.

ContDirMan.jpg
    384 x 240 - 11K
  • Yes PerttiA I know that a free space on C-drive it's crucial (right now I've got about 15 GB free - I want to buy a new SDD disk about 2 TB for windows and other 3D needs...:)

There You go - this is a picture how my  Content Directories set up:)

I will try to reinstall "Genesis 8 Female Head Morphs" and"Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs" again maybe that will help... When I run some loading tests I will call You back. Thanks anyway:)

RUNTIME CONTENT VIEW 2023.jpg
    1595 x 2000 - 483K
  • Pickle RendererPickle Renderer Posts: 209
    edited February 2023

lord Adam said:

It good's for You bdell_53_4baf2b3d9b:)

I've got a: HexaCore Intel Core i5-8400, 3800 MHz (38 x 100) and nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB so in my case, it's definitely not enough to make a good renders...

Yes PerttiA I mean this old post about ill-behaving morphs (I will check this tommorow if it works for me ). Another problem with loading characters into scene - is there an option to create FOLDER for people and subfolder for a few G8Females (about 10-12 figures) to speed up the loading rate? How many chracters I sholud set in one FOLDER and how to do it correct in CONTENY LIBRARY??

Today I tried to load one chracter form MY LIBRARY (there was only 9-figures in folder)and must say it took me much less time than recently (about 8minutes), so I guess it's all depending how much content/charcters we have in one subfolders and maybe I just need to break everything down into small parts (CATEGORIZE them and create MANY SUBFOLDERS)to to achieve the intended goal? 

Am I going in the right direction??

Your CPU isn't terrible.  The best thing you can do to address the lowest hanging fruit is replace your GTX 1060 with an RTX 3060 12GB.  Assuming you have at least 16GB of system RAM of course and that you have an adequate power supply (your system won't post at all if you try to bung a higher powered card into it and it's 300W). 

btw breaking content into separate libraries doesn't really speed it up if all those libraries are in the set of libraries Daz has to search.  I think maybe there's a product that'll take everything from a scene and put all the content into its own library however and if you just attached that I'm sure it would be faster.  I can't remember the name of it though.

Post edited by Pickle Renderer on
    edited February 2023

In your case having enough free space, is more than crusioal as you have just 16GB's of RAM. DS is RAM hog and when it runs out, it will use your drive space as extension to RAM and when you don't have enough, it will crash the computer.

You need to rename the folders I have circled, they are nested to the two folders under "Daz Studio Formats" and that is most likely culprit for your problems. If DS finds nested directories, it gets confused and can't find stuff.

"Nesting" is when a Content Directory is set as subfolder inside another Content Directory

Nest.JPG
    505 x 475 - 47K
  • I thought there was a breakthrough... I've done 2 most improtant things: 1- reinstall all HEAD&BODY MORPHS for G8females/males in C-drive to content library then 2- I renamed the folders that You have circled (to max 2-folders for poser format and deleted all unnecessary nests:)) Initially all worked fine - a new figures from library they are loaded about 5 minutes. The worse thing is about to load a early saved documents (I think that more complicated scene is than more time it has to load = more than 10 minutes),  I think good tips about content library and others daz ideas gives: JAY VERSLUIS ( I highly recommend his course: https://www.daz3d.com/community/masterclass), Jay said that the best way to quick load a scene is to put all your project files into one seperte folder, well I will do that in the future...

Right now all things are still the same. It's good with character as I try to load him as a first time. Problem appers when I open daz studio next day and try to open saved document - and there you go - monsters are back:(

On the first picture You see final render: CB ELIZA (2- plane/ lights - tutorail: part_18_lighting_with_mesh_lights Masterclass by the way:),full render takes about 8-minutes. When I treid to render a new character wit DEFORCE HAIR or DEFORCE CLOTHES I get errors - yes to little space on C-drive I know... So I must to leave my work in daz studio about to may when I will rebuild my PC for 3D needs.

Thank's Perittia for your help and support - I think that I can't do more about it. Some things can't be skipped, best regards anyway:)

CB ELIZA G8F Test render N001.jpg
    720 x 960 - 214K
    D-FORCE HAIR errors 2023.jpg
    3154 x 2000 - 2M