Pose Centering / New Rotation Zero?

I created a pose that involved rotating the hip forward about 4 degrees and then moving the thighs forward about the same amount to keep the figure standing upright, but with the hips cocked back a bit.  Think hand on the hip attitude stance, but with a little rearward).  Since I rotated the hip in the X axis, when I rotate the figure in the y axis to adjust to the scene, the figure rotates around the 4 degree offset.  Is there a way to rotate the figure in "scene space" verses "object space"?  Or a way to termporarily set (reset) the rotation axis?  

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

Not sure what you mean by scene space.

In tool settings you can set it to world, local, object or screen coordinates.

That said, I don't understand why you rotate the figure. I usually do all figure rotations on the hip, so the figure is only for moving the figure around.

• dlm4001dlm4001 Posts: 190

Thank felis.

By scene, I meant world.  I ususally don't move the hip rotations, but for this stance, I needed to. Humans don't always stand with their hips perfectly square to the ground.  Most of the time I move the thigh positions and the waist position to get the look I am after but, sometimes, you have to move the hip.   

The tools settings (World, Local, and Object) ...   I thought these were for changing the rotation behavior of the Viewport.  If I am misunderstading this, please let me know.

I was trying to change the new hip positon (X axis Rotation = +4) to become the new zero (X = 0) so that when I rotate the figure on the Y axis, I am rotatiing the figure around the a vertical line perpendicular to the ground, I thought there was a way to adjust the coordinates of the figure.  I got it to work by rotating the figure in the y axis and then going back and forth adjusting the x and  z axis until the figure was upright again.

Still, I imagine there is a better way.

• You could use the figure node, or parent to a null. You could also use the Bake Rotations command from the Joint eduitor right-click menu - but I think you would then have to adjust anything fitted to the figure to match, so either of the other options would probably be less pain.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,469

Rotate X-axis in the hip and do the Y-rotation for the base figure.