Genesis 3 (Dev Load) ?

Hello

I need to export a Genesis 3 Female OBJ file. The file must be without eyelashes, eyebrows etc. because I would like to use it as a morph on Blender, but since I'm not familiar with Genesis 3 I couldn't do it. From Genesis 8 there are the (Dev Load) that allow you to get a neutral figure without protrusions but on Genesis 3 I have no idea how to get the same result.
I kindly ask those who know more than me to help me. smiley

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

There's no dev load for G3 because the eyelashes are part of the base geometry, unlike G8. Also, I believe mesh eyebrows were a lot less common in the G3 era. Just load G3F or G3M base from the starter essentials and you're good to go.

• Gordig said:

There's no dev load for G3 because the eyelashes are part of the base geometry, unlike G8. Also, I believe mesh eyebrows were a lot less common in the G3 era. Just load G3F or G3M base from the starter essentials and you're good to go.

OK but what about the lashes, navel, areola and nipples could I have any problems?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

Navel, areola and nipples are just morphs on both G3 and G8. If you're exporting an unmorphed figure at base res, which you should be doing, then you won't have any problems.

• Gordig said:

Navel, areola and nipples are just morphs on both G3 and G8. If you're exporting an unmorphed figure at base res, which you should be doing, then you won't have any problems.

Alright, I'll try to do my best. If unsuccessful, I will continue to ask for information.
    Thank you very much indeed!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,472

When you load the Genesis 3 Base Female, you need to set it to base resolution for exporting, otherwise you cannot import the morph you have made.

To make sure, you are not including any morphs in the exported mesh, Zero the Figure before exporting.

• PerttiA said:

When you load the Genesis 3 Base Female, you need to set it to base resolution for exporting, otherwise you cannot import the morph you have made.

To make sure, you are not including any morphs in the exported mesh, Zero the Figure before exporting.

Well, I've actually included a body morph since I need to make the figure I have in Blender take on the body shape exported as an obj.
    I tried following the steps but it doesn't work. The eyelashes, breast nipples and belly button are still there and I can't get them off on DAZ.
    If there are protrusions it will never work.. Also, I don't need the Genesis 3 head.
    The head of the figure I have in Blender must remain absolutely unchanged. I just need the body

• Cornelius said:

PerttiA said:

Well, I've actually included a body morph since I need to make the figure I have in Blender take on the body shape exported as an obj.
    I tried following the steps but it doesn't work. The eyelashes, breast nipples and belly button are still there and I can't get them off on DAZ.
    If there are protrusions it will never work.. Also, I don't need the Genesis 3 head.
    The head of the figure I have in Blender must remain absolutely unchanged. I just need the body

They are part of the base mesh, though zeroing will remove the nipples and navel as they are morphs.

Cornelius said:

PerttiA said:

You cannot add, remove or change order of the vertices outside DS, if you do, you cannot import it back as a morph.

What do you mean by "The eyelashes, breast nipples and belly button are still there"?. They are part of G3 mesh and you cannot remove them, but if the nipples are protruding or navel is deep, you have some morph active that does it.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

@Cornelius - What's your goal?

I am running into similar issue, I want to convert some of my Genesis 3 figures to Genesis 9.  I picked up the R3DS (aka Russian scanner).  I've been following Jay Versluis's video posted over for the Daz+ members, but ran into some snags.  Seems Genesis 8 is easier to do than Genesis 3.

• Gator said:

@Cornelius - What's your goal?

I am running into similar issue, I want to convert some of my Genesis 3 figures to Genesis 9.  I picked up the R3DS (aka Russian scanner).  I've been following Jay Versluis's video posted over for the Daz+ members, but ran into some snags.  Seems Genesis 8 is easier to do than Genesis 3.

Yes, Genesis 8 is much better in many ways. Unfortunately I abandoned this idea precisely because I could not find any solution.
    Now I'm learning modeling and sculpting to be done directly on Blender, even if it's not an easy choice "at least for me"..
    I started getting to know DAZ Studio when there was already genesis 8 so I didn't have the opportunity to test Genesis 3 for a long time; just a few small tests, nothing more than that.

@Cornelius - I found an easy solution for this, you just need a little familiarity with Blender.

Genesis 3 probably gets scanned just as well as Genesis 8 after this.  Bend the arms down 45 degrees like G9.  Export the OBJ as you would.  Open the OBJ in Blender, then delete the eyelashes and eyes.  It's pretty easy as they are separate objects.  Simply click on a vertice, then hold CTRL and click on + to expand the selection until all of the object is selected.  Then delete it.

• Gator said:

@Cornelius - I found an easy solution for this, you just need a little familiarity with Blender.

Genesis 3 probably gets scanned just as well as Genesis 8 after this.  Bend the arms down 45 degrees like G9.  Export the OBJ as you would.  Open the OBJ in Blender, then delete the eyelashes and eyes.  It's pretty easy as they are separate objects.  Simply click on a vertice, then hold CTRL and click on + to expand the selection until all of the object is selected.  Then delete it.

But that would also affect the shape of the head.
    I have to make changes only to the body, i.e. from the feet up to the neck. This I am unable to do.

OK, I am confused now, mentioned that you have the Genesis 8 Dev load.  You could just delete the eyelashes on Genesis 3 and then and you're in the same boat as with Genesis 8.  I mentioned bending the arms because I assumed you were making morphs for Genesis 9.

What are you trying to accomplish?  Perhaps with that info can be of more help.

• Gator said:

OK, I am confused now, mentioned that you have the Genesis 8 Dev load.  You could just delete the eyelashes on Genesis 3 and then and you're in the same boat as with Genesis 8.  I mentioned bending the arms because I assumed you were making morphs for Genesis 9.

What are you trying to accomplish?  Perhaps with that info can be of more help.

So, let's start from the beginning: I need to edit the body shape of a female figure in Blender. The one who made this model used DAZ Studio to have a base to work on and in this case, the base is Genesis 3 Female.
    Since this is a heroine of a famous video game, I assume he used a software to extract the skin texture, eyes, hair etc. from the video game itself (unfortunately I'm not well informed about this sort of thing because for me are too complex).
    He later ported it to Blender but didn't use Diffeomorphic for the import otherwise, if that were the case I wouldn't be here asking for help as I would have used Diffeomorphic to import a body morph from DAZ directly on the figure in Blender.
    So I started looking elsewhere and someone told me that I could create an OBJ file with the body shape, import it into Blender and use it as a body morph.
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do any of this because..
    1) On Genesis 3 I have never been able to eliminate all the protrusions (eyelashes, eyebrows etc..) therefore, even if I could create an OBJ file I would never be able to use it for my purpose.
    2) What would be imported into the OBJ would basically be a Genesis 3 Female and therefore, together with the body there would also be the head. In my case, however, the head of the figure on Blender must remain unchanged since what I have to change is only the shape of the body ..and that's it.
    Since I couldn't do any of this, I decided to let it go and learn how to model and sculpt the figure directly on Blender, but the process requires time and above all.. knowledge! That's why I would have come in handy to use a ready-made morph..!
    I could also show you a couple of reference images for you to understand what I intend to achieve but unfortunately I can not post them here because they are adult content.
    And this is all :)

But, what are you going to do with the figure once it's done?

• PerttiA said:

But, what are you going to do with the figure once it's done?

Well, I think I'll use it to render. Why this question?

Render in which program?

I think we still don't understand, why are you doing things that way.

• PerttiA said:

Render in which program?

I think we still don't understand, why are you doing things that way.

In Blender