How to transform Daz 3d file to sculpture?

Hi, 

does anyone of you  know how to transfom Das 3d file to sculpture file. See the picture below.

I export to obj. file, but I have problem with mesh  in other program. "Some mesh issues can be fixed by using the Shrinkwrap tool in the Modify Form panel."

Have anyone a positive experience with such processing?

Thank you

J

Woman1.jpg
325 x 1121 - 85K
Woman 2.jpg
325 x 1089 - 59K

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924

which other program are you using?

obj works in most it may need to be welded in the export and or options

• which other program are you using?

obj works in most it may need to be welded in the export and or options

123D Make

if making a 3D print try meshlab and use the close holes filter

• if making a 3D print try meshlab and use the close holes filter

I have download MeshLab from this Site http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/
    Program crashes,when I want to import obj. file.  
    What other chance have I got? Where in Program can I find close holes filter. 

Thank you for your help Ella

are you trying to import a textured obj? that may be the reason, in DAZ studio select all in scene window and surfaces on the surface tab  and use the DZdefault shader remove any maps

• janko.selinsekjanko.selinsek Posts: 7
    edited August 2015

are you trying to import a textured obj? that may be the reason, in DAZ studio select all in scene window and surfaces on the surface tab  and use the DZdefault shader remove any maps

Can I ask for more detailed instructions, because I'm a new user. i didnt found surfaces and shader remove tab :-
    Thank you for your patience!
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2015

sadly I am rendering something so a bit difficult but will try, here are some screenshots of a quick go by me

hold shift to select multiple figures and sufaces

holding control Ctrl while applying DZDefault you can choose replace maps maybe too otherwise in diffuse, spec, bump and displace need to select none

I got fail to load mtl on import mesh but otherwise OK

Capture.JPG
    1911 x 1021 - 440K
    Capture2.JPG
    1907 x 1005 - 423K
    Capture.JPG
    1928 x 1048 - 120K
    Capture.JPG
    1919 x 1042 - 312K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Looking at the 123D Make site, seems you upload your mesh to the site to turn it into a 2D build plan or puzzle. Even though the image you (OP) posted doesn't look like a DAZ figure, make sure none of the mesh you upload to the 123D Make site is DAZ mesh (bought or given away from DAZ) since that would be redistribution and against the EULA. Personanly I can't why you would need to use DS is this process since you can't use DAZ mesh and when any modeling tool would do the trick better, try Blender.

You can print your own

i have used this process for my XYZ DaVinci printer but sadly the printer itself has some serious limitations regardless of the mesh, I am going to have to do some geeky hacking to solve this and putting it off for now, the issue is the software itself largely made to stop you using filament from other companies.

• Looking at the 123D Make site, seems you upload your mesh to the site to turn it into a 2D build plan or puzzle. Even though the image you (OP) posted doesn't look like a DAZ figure, make sure none of the mesh you upload to the 123D Make site is DAZ mesh (bought or given away from DAZ) since that would be redistribution and against the EULA. Personanly I can't why you would need to use DS is this process since you can't use DAZ mesh and when any modeling tool would do the trick better, try Blender.

Thank you for your help. What you advise me ? What will be best software for  the production of human proposal in diferent poses (with clothing)? Have a nice day!

• sadly I am rendering something so a bit difficult but will try, here are some screenshots of a quick go by me

hold shift to select multiple figures and sufaces

holding control Ctrl while applying DZDefault you can choose replace maps maybe too otherwise in diffuse, spec, bump and displace need to select none

I got fail to load mtl on import mesh but otherwise OK

Thank you, I will  tried your option and then give you feedback. Have a nice day!

Thank you for your help. What you advise me ? What will be best software for  the production of human proposal in diferent poses (with clothing)? Have a nice day!

Depends on what you are trying to do and what format your mesh is in. You can use any of the DAZ characters for posing, but it is only for the purposes of 2D renders and animations. If you are wanting another use that requires you to upload any part of that mesh to another site, you will need to use a different figure not sold at DAZ. Makehuman is the most common source.

What figure is in your image and what formats is it in? .Tell us what programs you own and what your needs are and someone will probably be able to help more.

• Thank you for your help. What you advise me ? What will be best software for  the production of human proposal in diferent poses (with clothing)? Have a nice day!

Depends on what you are trying to do and what format your mesh is in. You can use any of the DAZ characters for posing, but it is only for the purposes of 2D renders and animations. If you are wanting another use that requires you to upload any part of that mesh to another site, you will need to use a different figure not sold at DAZ. Makehuman is the most common source.

What figure is in your image and what formats is it in? .Tell us what programs you own and what your needs are and someone will probably be able to help more.

I need business and workpeople ( in clothing and poses) in 3d file ( obj.). In image is only to show what I need.

I work with 123d Make and use for 3d printing.

I hope :-)

If it's for personal use (DAZ doesn't allow commercial printing yet)., then DAZ characters and assets are fine, but you will have to do the 3D printing yourself as you can't redistribute any of the DAZ meshes to another company for printing.

Do you have any modeling apps such as 3DSMax or Maya? You can find some free meshes of humans in business attire on the web, but most are not rigged which means you can't pose them. If this is for a commercial project, your best bet is to commission a set of rigged business people for your project at places like Turbosuid, Humster3d or flatpyramid.com, but this will be a bit pricey..