Manual installation of Genesis8MaleBodyMorphs and Genesis8FemaleBodyMorphs

Hi, 

Where I need to copy paste these files ? 
After bought them, I hoped there had a readme.txt to explain where, but not really :(

Note: I don't want use Install Manager Ready, so don't try to explain me to use it.
Regards,

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,400

Instructions for manual installation

ManualInstallation.jpg
    793 x 1120 - 199K
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,717
    edited February 2023

If so, locate the data folder in IM package, just dump it to the root directory of your DAZ Library. If you do not use DIM and Smart Content, other support files are useless let alone there's no useful metadata in them but just product names ~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,400

crosswind said:

If so, locate the data folder in IM package, just dump it to the root directory of your DAZ Library. If you do not use DIM and Smart Content, other support files are useless let alone there's no useful metadata in them but just product names ~

Wrong advice, one needs to copy the "Data" and "Runtime" folders to the root of ones Content Library

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,717
    edited February 2023

PerttiA said:

crosswind said:

Wrong advice, one needs to copy the "Data" and "Runtime" folders to the root of ones Content Library

For a normal product, yes we need. But for these two products morisset bought, we don't need at all by dumping.  For what? He just needs those dsf files in /data for dialing morphs in Params. That /runtime contains 3 useless 'supporting files'. How to get them? You have to first of all re-import the metadata, then what do you get? only one product icon in Smart Content, when dbl-clicking it, it's empty; when checking its metadata via Content DB Editor, an error popps up...

Besides, I said 'if he doesn't need DIM and Smart Content blahblahblah~~'  Clearly if a guy doesn't want to use DIM but just a direct dumping, he will have no need to touch Smart Content. That's my exp. as lots of my friends are doing so ~ I was answering his question 'Manual installation of Genesis8MaleBodyMorphs and Genesis8FemaleBodyMorphs' which I know them well, just told him a proper way~

I myself love DIM and Smart Content, ever studied them for a long time, fixed hundreds of metadata file and made a couple of complete tutorials. I believe I know what ppl need to do, but still, I respect ppl's requirements, so for some cases I'd rather tell them a proper way other than a so-called 'right way'.... Don't misunderstood me. No offense ~ I apologize if there's any~~

Post edited by crosswind on