Help with showing indentation between characters and clothes on another character

Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

So in this instance say a guy has his arm around his girls stomach, how would you show the indentation of his arm pressed against her shirt and stomach?

Or if someone grabs another person by the arm, how would i create the creases and pressure  points created by the grab? 

thanks 

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,727
    edited February 2023

There's no softbody simulation in DAZ, so some workarounds:

Simple way: In terms of the body, you add smoothing modifier to the girl, set her Collision Item to the guy, then fine-tune their poses for getting a better collision result. For the shirt, there might be some poke-thru, but most will be hidden by the guy's arm & hand. Also give smoothing modifier to the shirt and use Mesh Grabber to fix the tiny poke-thru as needed.

Or, use the product Ghost Dynamics to 'shape' the collission result https://www.daz3d.com/ghost-dynamics.

There're also some freebies like X-Suit, you may get it from Rendo - Free Stuff place ~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,198

crosswind said:

Simple way: In terms of the body, you add smoothing modifier to the girl, set her Collision Item to the guy, then fine-tune their poses for getting a better collision result. For the shirt, there might be some poke-thru, but most will be hidden by the guy's arm & hand. Also give smoothing modifier to the shirt and use Mesh Grabber to fix the tiny poke-thru as needed.

Took the words right out of my mouth 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,727

Dartanbeck said:

crosswind said:

winkwink 

• crosswind said:

Dartanbeck said:

crosswind said:

winkwink 

awesome. thanks for the info. will give that a try