Genesis Supersuit Question.

CricketCricket Posts: 436
edited August 2012 in The Commons

Is there a way, when applying a shader to the Supersuit in DAZStudio4, to apply the shader only to the left arm without applying it to the right arm as well?

Post edited by Cricket on

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited August 2012

well... that depends on your knowledge and skill level, really.

As it is set up now, not really. Not shaders anyway.

The reason why is because the Supersuit is set to take shaders to available "material zones". Those "zones" are decided on by the creator.

You CAN go into Hexagon and assign new material zones to ( I would recommend a copy of ) the supersuit, but that would be ALOT of work and some familiarity with Hexagon... and content creation

However...

You could always make a texture (or find one) that had different "looks" to each arm, but that would also take some understanding of texture creation in a 2D program such as Photoshop.

Wish I had better news for you, sorry..

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • CricketCricket Posts: 436
    edited December 1969

well... that depends on your knowledge and skill level, really.

As it is set up now, not really. Not shaders anyway.

The reason why is because the Supersuit is set to take shaders to available "material zones". Those "zones" are decided on by the creator.

You CAN go into Hexagon and assign new material zones to ( I would recommend a copy of ) the supersuit, but that would be ALOT of work and some familiarity with Hexagon... and content creation

However...

You could always make a texture (or find one) that had different "looks" to each arm, but that would also take some understanding of texture creation in a 2D program such as Photoshop.

Wish I had better news for you, sorry..

That's ok, thanks. I kind of figured I'd have to use a template, I was just hoping there was a way to do it without one. I had to update to a new computer, and of course, can't find my Paintshop Pro disk to reinstall it.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

You can use polygon editor in DAZ Studio to select the unwanted bits (hold down ctrl and + for faster selection or use lasso), right-click and select "create surface from selected", name it as "DO_NOT_WANT" or some such, and turn down opacity to zero.

Note: JUST in case, name the supersuit into something else before you do it, like MyStyle Supersuit, before saving the resulting scene...

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited August 2012

Skiriki said:
    You can use polygon editor in DAZ Studio to select the unwanted bits (hold down ctrl and + for faster selection or use lasso), right-click and select "create surface from selected", name it as "DO_NOT_WANT" or some such, and turn down opacity to zero.

Note: JUST in case, name the supersuit into something else before you do it, like MyStyle Supersuit, before saving the resulting scene...

COOL!! I'm going to have to try that, myself! Thanks for the tip, Skiriki!! I Love learning stuff about DS4 that I didn't know before! :)

For Isosceles:

Have you tried GIMP? It may be a good work around until you find your PSP disk. It uses Photoshop brushes and has quite a few "familiar" features:

http://www.gimp.org/

Oh! And currently this is the only Supersuit template I know of:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/62282/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates ( thanks, Chohole, for the link)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • CricketCricket Posts: 436
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll give both a try.