Dinosaur content bundles - could use some feedback

rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
edited August 2015 in The Commons

Looking at these two bundles - at the content items.

Can't determine a quality difference from the product pages.

There are a large number of dinosaur items that are "daz original" and the quality looks better, but is it that much better?

Maybe, the poses and closeup views are better.

Some of the older content item poses are pretty lame.

I would appreciate to read any referrals or comments on these items.

THere is alot of difference in the price. 

http://www.daz3d.com/dinosaur-bundle 

http://www.daz3d.com/predator-vs-prey-dinosaur-bundle

Post edited by rampart_1576840087 on

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694

The original dino bundle (the cheaper one) is older.  It dates back to the P4/PPP days.  In other words, before DS existed.  They are good for background.  The textures are low res compared to newer models and often lack even bump maps.  The overal mesh is good, not too heavy buy not too light.

The Predator vs Prey bundle dinos are made by dinoraul and are a buy out by DAZ.  DR has some of the best dinos and dragons available on the market. 

If you can afford it, go for the Predator vs Prey bundle. 

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited August 2015

I have the predator prey one, they acutally look pretty nice. with the right shaders they still look great.

At the right hands I am pretty sure I've seen the pretador prey ones look better than the promo art.(cause better tech available now to render them)

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    icprncss said:

The Predator vs Prey bundle dinos are made by dinoraul and are a buy out by DAZ.  DR has some of the best dinos and dragons available on the market. 

Yeah, that would be the one to get...

• Hmmm...

icprncss said:

The original dino bundle (the cheaper one) is older.  It dates back to the P4/PPP days.  In other words, before DS existed.  They are good for background.  The textures are low res compared to newer models and often lack even bump maps.  The overal mesh is good, not too heavy buy not too light.

I am thinking, since I am making video the older pack will have lower poly counts as well.  Having the charcters in the background is probably an advantage.

This way I purchase a couple of the higher quality DR items for close ups.

I appreciate the responses they a helpful.