Has this happened to anyone?

MardookMardook Posts: 291
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have had no problems with Michael 5 up until last night. I went to open up a file with the Michael 5 character in it. When it loaded it up I got an error informing me of the dreaded dupicate formulas were found notice. Michael 5 would not load, instead Genesis loaded with everything that Michael 5 came with. Can anybody explain what happened because I am completely lost as to what occured, I have not made any changes at all to the scene. I cannot load Michael 5 or the Heroic M5 variety, it simply loads up Genesis with Michael 5 morphs and textures, ordinarily not an issue but I would really like to know what is happening. I've spent all morning going through everything that I could think of that would have caused this. The last items that I downloaded and installed were Aiden for Michael 5, A4andH4 For Genesis, Mr. Hyde For Genesis, the Supersuit and related items, and ActualFaceHairForGenesis. So, at is stage I am removing DAZ Studio and all the related files which is a very long and tedious process. Infact, removing and reinstalling files on DAZ Studio can take pretty much all day, no bull. Poser does not seem to have problems with duplicate files. I hope that you folks who create content will include a clear line of sight for your products. I hope this duplicate formula crap leaves me alone... its what is bringing my daz experience down. :(...

Comments

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Did you try re-installing the Michael 5 basic package itself? I would try that 1st, before I go ripping out everything else.

Post edited by Art_Junkie on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Are you using DS 4.0.3.47, or the DS 4.5 Release Candidate?

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I've been reinstalling everything... wiped everything out including all my scenes just to be sure. So far, I have had no hiccups... no annoying error alerts yet. I have not installed all the files I have and I don't think I will need most of them anyway. Genesis is the running mesh for Michael 5?!. I guess I had it in my head that Michael 5 was its own object mesh.

:D

edited December 1969

Are you using DS 4.0.3.47, or the DS 4.5 Release Candidate?

Am using the 4.0.3.47... I won't be installing 4.5 until the plugins catch up!

edited December 1969

Did you try re-installing the Michael 5 basic package itself? I would try that 1st, before I go ripping out everything else.

That was the first thing I did... then worked my way all the way back until I decided to jettison everything and restart all over. I cringe because I have to reinstall all the plugins too. :(...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited December 1969

Help>Troubleshooting>View long just after loading M5, jump to the end and scroll back to find the full text of the error - that should tell you which morphs are causing it. Also check that you don't have the files for the morphs installed in two different places - the installers shouldn't let you, but it's worth checking.