StickyChain - pose tool [Released]

13»

Comments

• surrealsurreal Posts: 155

barbult said:

So I used a StickyChain to bring it under control.

Nice tail :-)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Thanks. StickyChain is becoming indispensable.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

surreal said:

Ok, checked file sizes of the .dsx and .zip file and they match what you have (440 bytes and 1.67MB) , gotthe .dll, but there is .dsx file in the manifest directory.

If the .dll file is in your DAZStudio4\plugins" folder you must have allowed the change.
    I don't know why you would then see the "...QProcess: Destroyed ..." message in your log file.

With the "StickyChain.dll" file in your "..\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins" folder,
    when you open DAZStudio, you should be able to see the "New StickyChain" menu item in the Create menu.

The manual should be "...Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\StickyChain\StickyChain Manual.pdf"

If the .dsx file is in you maniest directory, then you should be able to see the StickyChain plugin item in the "Installed" tab of DAZ Install Manager.

Seemingly all present and correct (it is now, actually, in the list of installed items in DIM - it used to drop out whenever I re-started DIM, so that's a bonus), EXCEPT it does not appear in the Create menu! 

edited March 2023

SimonJM said:

surreal said:

Ok, checked file sizes of the .dsx and .zip file and they match what you have (440 bytes and 1.67MB) , gotthe .dll, but there is .dsx file in the manifest directory.

If the .dll file is in your DAZStudio4\plugins" folder you must have allowed the change.
    I don't know why you would then see the "...QProcess: Destroyed ..." message in your log file.

With the "StickyChain.dll" file in your "..\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins" folder,
    when you open DAZStudio, you should be able to see the "New StickyChain" menu item in the Create menu.

The manual should be "...Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\StickyChain\StickyChain Manual.pdf"

If the .dsx file is in you maniest directory, then you should be able to see the StickyChain plugin item in the "Installed" tab of DAZ Install Manager.

Seemingly all present and correct (it is now, actually, in the list of installed items in DIM - it used to drop out whenever I re-started DIM, so that's a bonus), EXCEPT it does not appear in the Create menu! 

When you are in DAZStudio does it appear in the list of Installed Plugins?

Have you input your registration number? 
    It will stop working after 7 14 days if you have not registration it by inputting your registration number. (Serial number from your DAZ > Account > Serial Numbers)

If it does appear in the list of Installed Plugins in DAZStudio, and you have input your registration number then:
    In DAZStudio when you go into Customize DAZ Studio (e.g. menu Window > Workspace > Customize, or F3 key)
    Is there a "StickyChain" Actions group ?

Post edited by surreal on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

surreal said:

SimonJM said:

surreal said:

When you are in DAZStudio does it appear in the list of Installed Plugins?

Have you input your registration number? 
    It will stop working after 7 days if you have not registration it by inputting your registration number. (Serial number from your DAZ > Account > Serial Numbers)

If it does appear in the list of Installed Plugins in DAZStudio, and you have input your registration number then:
    In DAZStudio when you go into Customize DAZ Studio (e.g. menu Window > Workspace > Customize, or F3 key)
    Is there a "StickyChain" Actions group ?

Happily, after entering the key, restarting Daz Studio it ow shows up as an option on the Create menu - thank you for assistance!

• How to use it? Clicking these icons does nothing:

sticky icons.JPG
    519 x 647 - 51K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited May 2023
    Watch the videos linked in the first message in this thread.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

Thanks - restarting daz helped

dziemian.pawel said:

barbult said:

Thanks - restarting daz helped

I will add that information to the manual, in any future update.
    If you still have any questions or problems let me know.

My thanks as well to barbult for helping.

edited November 2023

<EDITED>

Sorry my mistake, I miss represented the impact of DAZ Studio 4.22 on plugin.

It works fine when I have it installed blush

Regards

Surreal

Post edited by surreal on