I do not get it - what do I have to have? Product-confusion

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited August 2015 in The Commons

Hello, since the new generations are out there I do not get it. I do not now what I need to have and what not.

Example:

Madeline for Stephanie 6 required Stepahine 6 but Stephanie 6 is based on Genesis 2 females. I have Genesis 2 Females so why is Stephanie 6 required? Will Madeline for Stephanie 6" not work on Gensis 2 Female without Stephanie 6?

Same with clothes and poses also for other Characters that are based on the same Figure. There are many figures out there based on the same base figure and lots of these figures have there own clothes and poses and stuff. So if I like some clothes for figure X that is based on Genesis 2 females but I haven`t figure X but do have Genesis 2 females, will this clothes work or not work without having figure X?????

Post edited by cosmo71 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Clothing for any G2F figure should work on default G2F.  A character which requires Stephanie 6 may either use morphs from Stephanie 6 (in which case it won't look the same, but may still be usable without S6) or use her UV set (in which case the textures won't fit), or both.

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576

On things like Characters when they name a specific figure like that it usually means you need that Figures UV set, which is not the same as a the base Gensesis 2 UV. Each named figure has its own specialized one.

Clothing will work on any of the named Genesis 2 figures.  Older clothing like V4 - G5 will also work on Genesis 2 with auto fits to a degree, some may require convterors to really work well.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    Vhardamis said:

On things like Characters when they name a specific figure like that it usually means you need that Figures UV set, which is not the same as a the base Gensesis 2 UV. Each named figure has its own specialized one.

Clothing will work on any of the named Genesis 2 figures.  Older clothing like V4 - G5 will also work on Genesis 2 with auto fits to a degree, some may require convterors to really work well.

that means I can`t use Madeline for Stephanie 6 on G2F Base without having Stephanie 6 even I like the skin? Okay, than I will not buy Madeline.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited August 2015

well I don't have any gen2 or gen3 examples to show you as I have the bases required for the additional character skins I have but here is a genesis example I have th vicky 5 base but not the stephanie 5 base both genesis character bases the odd looking one is Keira for Stephanie 5 as you can see does not work on the base genesis or v5 shapes and requires the s5 base for the right shape/morphs to work

steph 5 on v5 without steph 5 base.jpg
    1669 x 2160 - 325K
    steph 5 on v5 without steph 5 base.jpg
    1669 x 2160 - 325K
    Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • Some character morphs are built on top of iconic character morphs, and thus, require the iconic character to have the intended shape, even if they use the base UVs.

If you don't have the iconic character (Steph6), you may still be able to use the add-on morph, but it will not have the shape as the promos.