I was going to buy the 200 face morphs help

Hey, I used daz 3d a lot in 2022 and bought a lot, and made a lot of renders. Now in 2023 I told myself, I want to make my own characters ones that I can sell. So my question is. If I buy 200 Plus Head and Face Morphs Bundle for Genesis 8 Female(s) and Male(s) could I use this to create my own custom character and sell it on renderhub. I so want to start my own business by making characters. All the information you can give me would be great. Also, is there any product like the 200 head and face morphs for 8.1 or 9.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

Umless a product says it is a Merchant Resource, then it cannot be used to sell or share any part of a character. This product does say there is a Merchant Resource document included in PDF form, but I have no ideas the terms and conditions under which they can be used and how. ZEVO has  threads in the commercial forum for these products, so you can ask, or pourchase it to see and if not, then return it. Same goes for skin textures. It has to be original work or a Merchant Resource. Keep in mind that most Merchant Resourcea do not allow for free characters, only commercial. Most PAs these days just create their own morphs in a modeling program like blender

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,623

I was just looking at that agreement as I have those products. As FSMCDesigns has said, it is a Merchant Resource so it would be a "yes but with conditions" - the agreement PDF does list the things you can and cannot do which seem reasonable enough to me - although I am not likely to become a PA anytime soon so not really looked into this much.

Not sure if there is a copy of this agreement that you can view without first buying the product. You can have a look at the thread the product references to see if there is a link and if not it would be best to post your questions there I guess.

• Thank you for the replies I got the product anyway so I can practice around with making characters look good. Just I have so many good Ideas, I love playing around with daz and I am awful at blender, was just hoping for away to make my own character within daz.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,209

Be aware that the product is only for Genesis 8 and does not work on the latest generation, Genesis 9. Although many people are still interested in buying content for Genesis 8, that demand may fall off as Genesis 9 gains more traction. Selling characters for Genesis 8 is a crowded field, with many talented well known artists. Hundreds, if not thousands, of characters are already available. You will need to make your characters really stand out from the crowd to make significant money, I think.